Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Hi everyone!!

Hope everyone is staying focused and losing their extra baggage! :smile: I am new to MyFitnessPal and I am really trying to stay dedicated to my weight loss this time around. I'm so glad I heard of this site! Anyway, I am doing some exercises and stuff not in the database and I was using stuff close to what I did. However, I know I am probably burning more calories than it says. I heard that heart monitors are awesome and can accurately measure the calories that you burn. Is this true? If so, what type of heart rate monitor do you suggest? Any bad ones? Thanks in advance for your input!!

Replies

• MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Go to the bar above ^^ > Home >Recent Posts >My Topics >Settings >Search
    click on search--type in Heart Rate Monitors or HRM and you'll get pages of posts
  • smorgan318
    smorgan318 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT40. I love it. The chest strap is comfortable and if you are used to wearing a bra, you won't even notice it. If you can stand wearing a sports bra, the strap won't even be noticed. I like this HRM because it has the fitness test which will keep track of your VO2 max - and let you know your cardiac fitness progress. The watch is also comfortable and cute (I have the white one). I was worried it would look too big on my petite wrist, but it doesn't at all. Its also pretty easy to use, it doesn't have too many features, so its not confusing to use. Overall, I really like it. If you don't want to spend that much, the FT4 or FT7 are also good models.

PS- Definitely go with a chest strap model! :)