I'm not a kangaroo, why do I have a pouch??

Options
You know what I'm talking about. It's the reason you can't see your toes when you look down at the scale. The large folds of skin that prevent you from seeing the top of your thighs. The reason you can't touch your toes.

It's so nicely disguised with the right shirt, or an empire-style dress. It's the reason clothes you want to fit into either refuse to fit or refuse to fit correctly. And at the end of the day - no matter how you disguise it or dress it up - it's always there. Waiting. Taunting you when you look at yourself in the mirror.

I've had a version of my pouch all my life, thought it's never been as big and noticeable to me as it has in adulthood. And crunches and sit-ups do NOTHING to make it go away. But I think I'm finally ready to say goodbye to my pouch for good and all. You know, give the muscles underneath my pouch a chance in the spotlight for the first time in a lifetime. Does anyone else have this lament? Any suggestions or comments beyond 'you should have surgery'? 'Cause I'm broke as a joke and even if I HAD the money to spend, it would give me deep satisfaction to force my pouch to go away myself.

Let me hear ya'll! ^_^

Replies

• JanieElise
    JanieElise Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My son is 13 months. It is definitely becoming smaller by the day. Keep working out and it will leave one day. I'm on 5'7" 195 lbs. I'm on a 1200 calorie low carb diet and it seems to be working. Good luck!!
  • Eyvette1
    Eyvette1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    After loosing 78 pounds I HAD to have a tummy tuck. I called my tummy the spaghetti boel. It was horrible. Nothing would help and the doctor said my only choice was having it removed.
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Keep working to lose weight. Keep eating healthy and sticking to your calorie goal. Plus, keep working out. Cardio and strength training are super important to help reduce the lower pouch. If you get bored with Zumba (as your exercise diary says you do quite often) you can try other activities as well, such as brisk walking, bike riding, rollerblading, workout videos (many free ones on YouTube) etc.

Good luck, and keep working at it!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'm almost down to my goal and the kangaroo pouch is still there taunting me!
    No surgery for me after 3 kids rested and grew there. My husband says he thinks its me and sexy and womanly.
    What more could could I want after 38 years of wedded bliss?
  • emgracefit
    emgracefit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The first time I told my mom she had a kangaroo pouch she didn't take it offensively instead she laughed uncontrollably at the fact that she actually did look like she had a kangaroo pouch hahaha gotta love her
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    After a (surprise) pregnancy at the age of 41 that required a c-section, I have given up all hope of getting rid of my pouch. I won't stop trying, though. And my son was worth it. :smile:
  • renee_72
    Options
    i keep plugging away at the running and the weights . i look at it this way, i weighed 240 lbs had 5 kids. so its going to take time to get rid of that pouch. its not going to happen over night.