I wanna eat EVERYTHING!

Options
'Aunt Flow' will be here soon and I want to eat Everything!!! Sugary, Salty, & Sweet..... grrrr.... Maybe this orange will help? lol!

Replies

• MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hate that!! Try to drink lots of water, and snack on healthy stuff, like oranges. I totally understand though. The only time my chocolate habit gets out of control is during that week before that dang aunt flow comes to town! Just try to keep your portions small, even if you indulge a little bit. :) Good luck!!
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    same here!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    ugh same here. im working on a skinny cow chocolate bar to see if that will shut her up...
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    haha, I'm very familiar with that!

For some reason, hot tea helps me curb cravings.
  • Kidman11
    Kidman11 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in the same "boat" as you. . . just reading your post about craving something sweet. . . well. . . made me crave something sweet. It is so hard to stay on board when your hormones are playing tricks on you. You are not alone. I freeze flavored water in ice cube trays and crunch on those when I am tempted. It makes my mind think that I am eating something sweet.

Good luck!
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Same! I just had a cup of sliced strawberries, with fat free reddi whip and 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (which cured most of my craving) So now I'm a happy girl! :bigsmile:
  • calicowgirl0582
    Options
    Right there with you all! When nothing else works, I pull out a bowl of Coca Crispies. Only 120 calories in a bowl and it honestly curbs my chocolate craving. Just don't do it often. Only during the desperate times . . . .
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Same! I just had a cup of sliced strawberries, with fat free reddi whip and 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (which cured most of my craving) So now I'm a happy girl! :bigsmile:

Now that I think I can do! lol! Sounds yummy!!! Just don't have the cocoa powder (I will leave that out for now ) :happy:
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Right there with you all! When nothing else works, I pull out a bowl of Coca Crispies. Only 120 calories in a bowl and it honestly curbs my chocolate craving. Just don't do it often. Only during the desperate times . . . .

That too!! I love Cocoa Crispies! Calling the Hubby to pick me up some now! lol!
  • jer2kat
    jer2kat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You could try sugar free chocolate. Not as many calories as regular chocolate but it does help my chocolate craving when I can't stand it anymore. Just make sure it is in moderation or it will sneak up on you fast.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    is that why i just ate 4 girl scout cookies??? dang, i think it is :(
  • LayC
    LayC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart...I don't miss Aunt Flow at all. Had to have parts removed several years ago, but was a happy camper. Water is good and also eat apples they are filling as well as the oranges. Good Luck! Hang in there. LC:smile::smile:
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Now that I think I can do! lol! Sounds yummy!!! Just don't have the cocoa powder (I will leave that out for now ) :happy:

It was really good! Another member gave me that idea. I originally was mixing in a tablespoon of choc chip to get my chocolate fix - at 70 cals! The unsweetened cocoa powder has 10 cals per tablespoon! 1/2 T with the whip cream, goes a long way - so yummy!
  • mthomas25
    mthomas25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am right there TOO!!! I crave.... I eat.... then I regret. The good thing is that I don't have anything horribly caloric to devour so basically I eat like 4 Cuties (oranges) and then feel crappy and sick. I don't feel like weighing in tomorrow either. If I end up gaining is it going to announce on my page that I gained???
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    lol....right there w/you all!

ooh, strawberries, ready whip & cocoa powder sounds yum.....guess what I'm going to go buy tomorrow!! :laugh:

hang in there...this too shall pass!

:flowerforyou:
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options

That too!! I love Cocoa Crispies! Calling the Hubby to pick me up some now! lol!

FYI!! It's a proven fact that when 'Aunt Flow' comes to visit, our bodies crave one of the chemicals in chocolate. That's why we crave it so much. My dietitian gave me a good tip to help curb this craving. Buy some Baker's semi-sweet chocolate squares and keep them in the freezer. One serving is 2 squares and 150 calories. So what you do is put 1 square in your mouth and let it melt. By the time you are done both squares, your craving is gone because you have been sucking on frozen chocolate so it slows down how much you consume and your body no longer craves that chemical. It actually works!! Try it just for the fun of it!!

Julie
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sorry , I beg to differ and state that is the worst "cop out crap statement" any woman uses for being a b*tch or over eating. Drink some water ..go for a walk..read ...relax and focus on what you want out of life. MFP is a great program if you want to do it - 365 days out of any year.:flowerforyou:
  • dixiebelle49
    Options
    my fix for the chocolate craze

fat free or sugar free instant hot chocolate mix that i have rolled a banana in.
    So coat a banana in the mix, save the left over dry mix not used for another craze day.

Eat the coated banana- chocolate and fruit yum. also works on apple slices if you aren't a banana fan.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    LOTS of water to keep you full. This has helped me the past couple visits.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am in the same "boat" as you. . . just reading your post about craving something sweet. . . well. . . made me crave something sweet. It is so hard to stay on board when your hormones are playing tricks on you. You are not alone. I freeze flavored water in ice cube trays and crunch on those when I am tempted. It makes my mind think that I am eating something sweet.

Good luck!

This sounds like a good idea in general! I really like to crunch ice!! lol

I have the same problem. I not only want chocolate but I want to eat all things in site. I try to workout more and not totally tell myself no. I know my body needs the extra calories a little bit, so exercise is how I handle it. Walking keeps me from eating too! haha