Shirataki Noodles

Who has tried them? Reviews? Recipes? Advice?

I'm intrigued that they're low carb and low calorie but apparently still resemble noodles.

Replies

• ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    I have they are great. Need to rise them well as they have a fishy smell only slight. Then dry them in paper towel before using. I have had hem in soup, as a stir fry. To have as a replacement for rice. Very versatile. Enjoy
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    I eat them. U can use them as noodles or pasta. Or anything really. They stink until you wash them, but are quick, easy, filling, and idiotically low cal
  • I find that they make me very bloated and give me stomach cramps- but having said that I do still eat them instead of pasta sometimes! Just don't eat them before going out for the evening!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    I love them. Pasta, stir fry. I can have them & just a little coconut oil & Parmesan cheese. They are great.

I boil them up for about 5 mins in the microwave (they come out less chewey that way) then put them in the pan with my food.

Yummy.
  • Apparently they are "no calorie" and "no carb"? :)
    I rinse them with cold water first, than cook them in a little bit of water for 3 minutes and last but not least, dry roast them on high flame for a few seconds in a frypan before I use them for salads or pasta-like dishes. That's one way to get rid rid of the slippery structure. But you could add them to any dish you like... We have tons of variety here in Japan - thick Udon noodle like types and even dumpling style konnyaku, but they are rather enjoyed for it's texture and not because it's low calorie. But lately Lawson's has Pasta and Ramen like Shirataki noodles in their sortiment. (Japanese language only , sorry... http://www.99plus.co.jp/newentry/blog/2012/06/vl-2.html)

Don't know what kind of shirataki are available in your country, but definitely give them a try! :) You either hate them, or love them!
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    I've seen them in the supermarket and have been staring at them wanting to buy them but dont know how to make them so im saving this post for later
  • Hi, I am a big fan of Miracle Noodle..great variety in shapes, zero calories, carbs, no tofu and their facebook page has fantastic recipes. I rinse well and sometimes boil for about a minute for the smell. We have them in stir frys and soups alot and helps in our healthy eating program. I either order online or get them at Whole foods. their site is www.miraclenoodle.com.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    love shirataki noodles

there are some recipes for them on the recipe board

I run mine under cold water for a while til the smell has gone, then dry them off a little, then pop into a fry pan and dry fry for a while

Add to stir fry and it makes a yummy meal ! I know they have no nutrional value but I don't care, they are low in everything else carbs etc. I always have them with a load of vegies and some kind of sauce