85 pounds lost in 8 months w/ pics.

Options
LLaceFace
LLaceFace Posts: 101 Member
28 year old mother of two. 85 pounds lost in 8 months

I've never been a tiny girl.. I'm not the one with the tiny little frame and size 0 jeans. I have curves.. But at 250 pounds I was fooling myself into thinking I was just "curvy". I was an idiot.
In April 2010 I was putting on a pair of shoes and while bent over to lace them up I quickly got light headed and was unable to breathe, just from the simple fact that I was too fat to reach my feet!
Something snapped in my head.
I spent the next 4 months depressed and making excuses as to why I was overweight.. "I had a kid", "I don't have time to workout", "I don't have time to cook healthy"
By November 2010 I had finally made the decision to change my future rather than make more excuses to cover up my laziness.
I started walking, then jogging, then running. I found an amazing deal on some gym equipment and put it in my living room to make myself do it. I was following a low calorie diet and just basically holding myself accountable for my actions.
The weight came off fast at first with many plateaus in between.
By July of 2011 I had lost 80 pounds... And what happens when you lose weight and feel good about yourself? You make babies, duh! Lol
I wasn't thrilled about the fact I would put weight back on, but happy to be a mother a second time.
I tried to keep running even through the pregnancy but quickly realized I couldn't handle it. By the time my baby girl was born I was up 60 pounds! This time was a little different because I knew what it took to get it off and I knew there was no sense in making excuses. In June 2012 I got the "ok" from the DR to resume regular activity and off I went! Started running again but I was slooooooow as could be. With an average of an 11:30 min mile. But I was persistent, I downloaded MyFitnessPal and tracked my calories and exercise burns.
By November 2012 my running pace was up to 8:30min miles and I had lost 50 pounds. I was feeling good again. I started "insanity" to help me up my progress and I saw amazing changes in my body!
Over the last few months I have dropped another 35 pounds for a total of 85 pounds lost. I am at a running pace of 7:15min (flat) and I am training for a half marathon in May. I have finished "insanity" once and continue to do it every other day just to help me keep my muscle tone. My goal is to lose another 7-10 pounds and go for a full Marathon in Columbus Ohio this fall.

I know what it is like to be obese.. I know what it's like to want the change but not have the drive to do it... But you have to.. You're the only one that can change YOU! More important that the weight loss and the better looks is my health! I am in the BEST shape of my life.
If you want it go get it! Don't let anyone stop you.. Especially yourself!
Patience and perseverance pays.

http://i.imgur.com/0nXZZxv.jpg

Replies

• zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You look great girl, you have done so well!
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    wow fantastic!!!! :D
  • cathers_
    Options
    Wow well done!
  • dr_firefly
    dr_firefly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    "And what happens when you lose weight and feel good about yourself? You make babies, duh!"

This made me smile. Thank you for posting, and congratulations on your success.
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Standing.ovation. A.heck.of a hard worker and a great lady. Your transformation both physically and confidence wise.has been epic.

This is how it is done. Ty for sharing more details.of your.story. Good.luck with your upcoming.races
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic job! You look terrific!!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You're one hot momma
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Oh my word, you are AMAZING!!!!!!

Not only did you lose it once, you did it twice! That's awesome!

Congrats on your loss! You're such an inspiration to all!! :flowerforyou:
  • LLaceFace
    LLaceFace Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words! It means a lot!
    :)
  • melotj
    melotj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Way to go for all your hard work! 7:15 mile!! :)
  • SweetnLo9
    SweetnLo9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Hard work definitely pays off!
  • Epetrovitch
    Epetrovitch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Big congrats on your success and especially your winning attitude. You look like a runner. To me that is a big compliment. I have never, and will never, look like a runner but I will be more physically fit and that is what counts. To stick with my plan it helps a lot to see your story and other success stories too. Makes me believe Burning up body fat and being stronger is possible. Good luck with your running.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    And what happens when you lose weight and feel good about yourself? You make babies, duh! Lol

This is what happened to me after baby #2 and after baby #3 and after baby #4. I am down to my lowest weight as an adult now after baby #5. Hoping to rest for several years before trying for baby #6.

Congratulations on all your hard work!! I know it is not easy.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,910 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :drinker: You look amazing! Thanks for the inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    AMAZING :)
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    0nXZZxv.jpg

Amazing.
  • ashley11284
    ashley11284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Love seeing these stories because i always wonder if i can do it, so it's nice to see other moms that can, give me hope that i'll be able too some day!
  • kfesta52
    kfesta52 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story!!! And your running pace is impressive, wow!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!