Stretch Marks

Options
whierd
whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
Everyone has them, no one really wants them. But do they really matter? I cannot think of a single time where I have been turned off or grossed out by stretch marks. If anything, I find the opposite to be true.

So here is the secret: No one cares when we have stretch marks but ourselves. :wink:

Replies

• whierd
    Options
    strectch-marks.jpg

19marks.jpg
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    So, I am not turned off by them, but I did get rid of mine, or atleast they faded to where I can barley see them. Since they are like scars I used vitamin E oil (from breaking open the capsule) and I put them on my skin everyday. They turned from bright red to barley visible in a few months. I don't even notice them anymore.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I got lucky in the genetics department that mine were never bright like some I have seen. Id still like to get rid of them though.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Everyone has them, no one really wants them. But do they really matter? I cannot think of a single time where I have been turned off or grossed out by stretch marks. If anything, I find the opposite to be true.

So here is the secret: No one cares when we have stretch marks but ourselves. :wink:

Thanks, that's a good point. Made me feel better. :)
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Vitamin E oil does work. Cut open the vitamin E capsules and massage the thick oil into those stretch marks daily. Eventually - they will disappear.. :wink:
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I used to be SUPER self conscious about my stretchmarks. I'm really pale and they stood out like tiger stripes on my skin- especially my stomach. One day, I don't know why, but I just got OVER it. I feel like they are just another part of life: wrinkles, grey hair, stretch marks, etc. Plus I never had any complaints about them in the bedroom department :D
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    I like mine more than fat :) the stretch marks I can live with :) Its the being over weight and left over "twin skin" from being pregnant with my twins that gets to me...with one exception as I loose weight I still get a new mark here or there and the only thing I hate about them is the itching!!! it drives me crazy, but coconut oil helps the discomfort and makes the skin look nicer.
  • whierd
    Options
    I don't think mine have ever itched!
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Me either, but I guess some people have super sensitive skin and it gets irritated.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks everywhere. They have all faded now though, i got them when i was pregnant and gained 65lbs in a short amount of time. I dont wear belly shirts anymore but i do wear bikinis. Cellulite is more of my concern.
  • leopardjunkie
    Options

Me either, but I guess some people have super sensitive skin and it gets irritated.

yes I have super sensitive skin :) ha ha I wore make up two weeks ago and my eyes are still healing :( part of being hot I guess ;)
  • whierd
    Options

yes I have super sensitive skin :) ha ha I wore make up two weeks ago and my eyes are still healing :( part of being hot I guess ;)

You don't need make up to look hot. :flowerforyou:
  • scamp76
    scamp76 Posts: 26
    Options
    Too bad more people don't think like you do....
  • whierd
    Options
    I like to think that plenty of people think like I do. I don't think I've ever heard one of my buddies complain that a girl they are dating had stretch marks. :tongue:
  • xxtaliaxx
    Options
    I'm bumping this. I wish I could be more confident about my stretch marks like you guys. I feel like I'm working towards this goal of losing the tummy fat and then when I reach that goal and I'm able to wear a two piece, I can't because of the stretch marks on my stomach. I've never had a child and I have them on my stomach from gaining weight so fast when I was a teenager. I also have them on my upper arms and I don't wear short sleeve shirts because of it. I was even thinking about getting tattoos over the stretch marks on my arms to hide them. My stretch marks are probably the main thing I'm most self conscious about on my body. I HATE THEM!! :cry:
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I like to think that plenty of people think like I do. I don't think I've ever heard one of my buddies complain that a girl they are dating had stretch marks. :tongue:

I think that's a good point. I cant think of ever having a conversation with my guy friends where they complained about a GF / wife's stretch marks. I've heard more women than I can count complain about their own though!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options

I think that's a good point. I cant think of ever having a conversation with my guy friends where they complained about a GF / wife's stretch marks. I've heard more women than I can count complain about their own though!

I can't say that I've ever really noticed them... Someone takes their shirt off - my mind goes elsewhere... :)
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Too bad more people don't think that way.
    I've read some nasty comments about women in particular being "hideous" or whatnot because of stretch marks.
    I was pretty surprised the first time I saw my stretch marks appear on my stomach while pregnant but I got over it. They fade any way. I am pretty sure my SO doesn't care about them being there either and he can't really say anything since he has them too from weight gain.
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    My SO told me I should be proud of them, since I got them giving birth. That changed my attitude toward them completely.
  • Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are my battle scars!