You will weigh .... In 5 weeks!!!

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No, weight loss is not linear...even when you're at maintenance it's not linear...natural body weight fluctuations are...well, natural.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    yes, actually. For me it was almost spot on. I wrote the predicted weight in my calender and I was that exact weight 3 days after it said I would be. That's pretty close. I think on the exact day I was less than a pound away.

Thats a good idea, I'm going to do that..........Thank you:)
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Never! Often such an irritant that I don't bother to close out my diary.....
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Not a single time.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Mine was pretty close except I put in custom goals and macros (not the calories MFP tells me too)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Seems legit...

5wks_zps5b8b115a.jpg
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    No....and even if I ate exactly the same foods in the same amounts and did the exact same exercises and burned off the same amount of calories every day I dont think it would be accurate then, either.
  • greeneyedKat
    Options
    Nope never
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,910 Member
    Options
    I write it in my food notes, and when I'm being consistent, it is surprisingly accurate.

When it says "If every day were like today," it means if you had the same calorie deficit, not that you ate all the same foods.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    no. but it assumes you're going to eat the same calories every day when it tells you that, and I don't think anyone does eat exactly the same calories every day. I sure don't.
  • jneill69
    Options
    I had just closed out my journal for the night and wondered how it was 10 lbs less than yesterday. Then I saw this post. Looks like most people have the same experience I have.

It is bound to be accurate in the same way a stopped clock is accurate =).
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    It's based on what you eat that day only, so you'd have to eat the same amt of calories each day to even see if it's accurate.
  • panshee
    panshee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No idea but I don't really care...it keeps me motivated to see the numbers, especially when it is below a 10 lb milestone.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I never "complete" my diary so I don't know.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    It's actually pretty accurate for me!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I would say 90% of the time, it's pretty damn close.
  • mimilea03
    mimilea03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's never worked for me, however, I believe it doesn't take into account muscle gained. I have lost fat but gained muscle and there is no way to measure that on a calculator.
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    No because I don't eat the same and exercise the same every day. It assumes the same calorie deficit for every single day for the next 5 weeks and calculates what you would weigh in five weeks if you ate the same every day. Even just 50 calories could through the "what you will weigh" figure off a few pounds b/c itd be assuming you'd eat that 50 every day for the next 5 weeks and that'd be like 1750 extra calories.