Non carb dinners!

Options
Sorry if this has been posted a thousand times before... but does anyone have any meal ideas that doesn't contain carbs such as potatoes, pasta or rice! It's all I seem to have in the week and it just makes me bloated :(
Thanks everyone! x

Replies

• sandrawink
    Options
    Try cous cous or quinoa
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad, black bean soup, salmon and steamed veggies, chicken and veggies..

Google...DASH DIET RECIPES....should come up with a million...even some on interest
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Omelette.

For me, it's four eggs beaten with black pepper and a crushed nori wrap, six pieces of bacon, three slices of cheese and maybe some salami. All fried in the bacon grease and topped with Greek yoghurt (or sour cream), guacamole and salsa. Barely any carbs.
    'Course, I usually make a hash brown to go with it. But yeah, that's basically just me.

Omelettes will fill you without bloating you. Do me, anyway.
  • shannonsumner92
    Options
    Here is a version a spaghetti I like to make...
    Brown Turkey burger meat, add fresh broccoli florets and spinach to the pan. I also put onions, mushrooms, and bell pepper but its all about your preference, add your spaghetti sauce to it. Instead of regular noodles buy Wacky Mac Veggie Noodles. They are completely made out of vegetable and are delicious!

Another good entree is Chicken Breast wrapped with Turkey Bacon and baked. Add cheese and Spinach if you like,
    A good side for this is to boil colliflower until its really soft, drain the water. mash it up until its the consistency of mashed potatoes and add milk, butter or whatever you like and it tastes just like mashed potatoes only better!

A good one for lasagna is to use turkey burger meat instead of hamburger meat, use zucchini instead of noodles!! slice them thinly, long ways and put whatever else you like in it and bake it!

If you got to the grocery store you can buy Atkins products such as shakes and bars and they are all zero carb and help satisfy cravings and if you use EBT for groceries they are accpeted by EBT!

Another good snack to try not to break your diet too badly is to pop a bag of popcorn (no butter or light) and add a packet or two of splenda and shake it up.. it may sound gross but its delicious!

Green vegetables are great for no carb diets and if you make a salad you can use vinegar and oil

If you ever go out to eat with everyone and you have no choice but to order something just remember that there will always be something for you. One of my problems is that my family used to go to McDonalds a lot but what I did was order a Double Cheese burger with no bread or ketchup and they automatically replace the bun for lettuce leafs.. pretty good but don't do it too much bc they do put a bit of sugar in their meets and stuff