PB2????

Options
:bigsmile:
Ok I just found PB2 at my market-I bought chocolate and regular-Now what do I do with it.....Go.......:happy:

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Put it in oatmeal
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure there are already a bunch of posts about PB2 where you can get ideas, I mostly just put it in my protein shakes.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I do & don't like it. I put it in my Skinny Green Monster and it changed the taste in a bad way. But I like it in my post workout shake or casein protein pudding.
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I really like PB2... either the regular or the chocolate/peanut butter. I do 2 things with it.
    1. I will mix it with water (per instructions) and use it as regular peanut butter. It tastes good and if you are counting calories or are a bit short for one day, it helps a lot vs. real peanut butter.
    2. I will mix it in with my whey protein shake after a workout in the morning on the way to work. Again it adds some peanut butter taste without all the calories.

Good purchase!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You can mix into shakes, or eat like you would PB, You can mix with oats, some use on toast. I have never eaten it, but some swear by it. I love love love PB!
  • leska1216
    Options
    What is PB2 and why are we excited about it????
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Toss it out, and buy real PB.... but that's just my opinion. Tried it and hated it, but others here rave about it. I had to mix in peanut oil and a touch of salt to make it palatable, which sort of defeated the purpose. I even tried mixing it into recipes with very little tasty success.

I wish you better luck!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I only like it in my greek yogurt or protein shakes.. I would never mix it with water and try to have it like regular PB..yuck..
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I use it in oatmeal, i use it in protein shakes, smoothies, mix with water for veggie dip, even snort it like Cocane, j/k kinda.
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use it to make faux-ice cream. I add it to Greek yogurt (I personally prefer Fage 2% plain), chill it, and then top it with Reddi Wip and Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup (0 calories). Sometimes I make the same mix and add a scoop of protein powder before chilling it. Either one makes me feel like I've had an ice cream sundae...without the guilt. :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    What am I missing about PB2? It is processed peanuts to remove the fat and then sugar is added to make up for the fat removal.

Am I wrong?
  • molto_bene
    Options
    I put it in my morning oatmeal with a little cinnamon and nutmeg. Sometimes in my greek yogurt. I love it! Peanut butter's so many cals but I love the taste. When I heard about PB2 I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Not gonna lie, I totally do the spoon of just the powder if I'm craving something sweetish :)
  • hesgro2
    Options
    What is PB2 and why are we excited about it????

PB2 is a dehydrated, partially de-fatted peanut butter. So basically peanut butter powder that has less calories and less fat than regular peanut butter. I have never used it as a peanut butter alternative (like on a PB&J), but I do use it to give the peanut butter flavor to different things without adding all of the calories.
  • stacie_99_7
    stacie_99_7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use it to dip apple slices or spoon it on a banana. I love it!
  • hesgro2
    Options
    What am I missing about PB2? It is processed peanuts to remove the fat and then sugar is added to make up for the fat removal.

Am I wrong?

PB2 is processed peants to remove the fat, but there is no more sugar in it than there would be in normal PB (as far as I can tell). It's usually 1-3g of sugar per serving.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I use it to make granola bars. The oil in regular peanut butter cooks the oats too much and made cookies instead of hearty granola bars. PB2 is perfect! Great peanut taste, but not oily at all. It's also fabulous if you're hiking or camping.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options

Am I wrong?

There's not much sugar added..check the label. It provides tons of flavor in a less calorie heavy form....and is great in things like smoothies. I don't use it every day, and still use regular Pb frequently ...but pb2 is handy and delicious.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Thank-you all-this MFP-rocks-
    For the people who are curious:2 T=45 cal-Fat=1.5-Protein 5g
  • NicoDay
    NicoDay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Too funny lol
    :laugh: