A Sad NSV

Options
All the cute sweaters I have are too big for me now! I have no winter tops that fit me nicely anymore :sad:
I actually have a noticeable waistline now but my large sweaters make me look bigger than I am.

I'm trying to resist the urge to go out and buy new clothes since I'm just going to have to replace them again. Maybe when I lose another 5 pounds...

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing! I asked for a bunch of new sweaters for Christmas because all my old favorites were way too big. :smile:

Now I'm wondering if the new summer clothes I bought last year are going to fit me this year. :tongue:

I routinely check thrift stores for clothes, especially jeans and shorts, that won't cost so much as I go through the in-between stages.
  • chiselfuture
    chiselfuture Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'll say what all the annoying people said to me when I was first experiencing that: "It's a good problem to have!"

Yeah. And an expensive one.
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Not something I have to worry about, but when I lost a lot of weight last year - man you should have heard me complaining about how uncomfortable wooden seats were - first world bony bottom problems - looking forward to having that problem again!
  • jdr0p_
    jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can buy/sell a bunch of clothes on ebay.
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I hear ya....I had on a really nice under shirt for my sweater today and it was so big i felt frumpy..,,,it is a nice feeling to have!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Time to hit the thrift stores, Darlin!
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Belts on your waist over the jumpers!
  • akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. Find a good seamstress. I have had pants and dresses taken in at a fraction of the cost as buying new. Never tried a sweater though...
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    just go buy a few items for each...pants, shirts, sweatshirts, at a thrift store. I was afraid to buy clothes too because I knew they wouldn't fit in a few months but honestly buying a few new things and feeling attractive and confident again gives you even more motivation to keep going. I bought a dress that will easily fit even if i lose weight because I can take it in or just put a belt on and it's still super cute.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    All the cute sweaters I have are too big for me now! I have no winter tops that fit me nicely anymore :sad:
    I actually have a noticeable waistline now but my large sweaters make me look bigger than I am.

I'm trying to resist the urge to go out and buy new clothes since I'm just going to have to replace them again. Maybe when I lose another 5 pounds...

Go buy a few things you can pair up with other things. I replaced my wardrobe multiple times last year while dropping over 6 inches off my waist. I just bagged up 3 garbage bags full of old clothes that have been replaced by smaller versions to donate to Goodwill. That is a good feeling, and you're getting there.
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That was always one of my excuses for not trying to lose weight! For one, I hate shopping but two, I have no money to buy new clothes:(
  • LacyJean1
    LacyJean1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try thrift stores in order to save money on clothes you wont be wearing long.
  • peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Similar problem here, going to need to buy new bras soon, not something to buy second hand, for sure! I plan to do what Akmett said, and find a good seamstress for my suits pants and dresses. I have too many pants without belt loops. I bought some "slimming" pants recently, and they are already bagging. I hate to complain, but I'm a student with two growing kids and a husband who is only a temp working for peanuts. I can't afford to replace my clothes! So, I'm feeling for you for sure!
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, what I have been doing is shopping at Goodwill and other second hand stores until i get to my goal or buying clothes on serious sale or clearance.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. Find a good seamstress. I have had pants and dresses taken in at a fraction of the cost as buying new. Never tried a sweater though...

I was just thinking this tonight. I went shopping for vacation and was not able to find any shorts that I love in my size now. However I have clothes that I love, are what I was looking for but just a size or 2 bigger that have barely been worn. I am going to just see if I can have most of them taken in and recycle them that way.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Thrift shops and Goodwill! Trust me I miss my Lane Bryant wardrobe.... I spent a small fortune there. Just have to replace it all a few pieces at a time.
  • yvonneseage
    yvonneseage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Made do with just 2 pairs of jeans, 1 trousers and 2 tops that fit and kept wearing Olds too big clothes with belts. Hard but was worth it when I got to my target size. Still.felt a little sad getting rid of my old clothes as there were a lot of memories there. But out also felt good, as of I was letting go of the past and enraging who I'd become
  • yvonneseage
    yvonneseage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For the record, I made do with Tesco for jeans. Supermarkets can have some cheap clothes so you don't feel like your spending too much on temporary clothes
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple of workout pants for very little money. I'm going to pair them with the T-shirts that are a bit big. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any new clothes unless my old ones were literally falling off. So I had to buy the pants, I can't run and hold my pants up at the same time! :D
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    when I first started I was an idiot and went out and bought an extremely expensive pair of jeans...a month later they barely fit, and after two yeah no. hahah. I just decided to buy some cheap colorful skinny jeans because I have no clothes hahah. ALL I wear anymore is my workout gear lol. Anyways I agree with the person who said its expensive, because it so is. I would never go back to where I was but I do miss a few of my cute clothes I did used to be able to wear =/.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!