Really Learning what and how much should be eaten in a day

Options
:drinker: I really like being able to eat what you want and choose to while playing with the daily food chart. Knowing what a real portion size is is the best part. Sometimes I am surprised at how much it is and others how little. The mobile app is just great in the kitchen or out and about.
:flowerforyou: Hi, I started the program on 2/7/13 on the recommendation of my Mom. She has been using this program for several weeks, has lost 7 pounds and really loves it. She's not a dieter either!! So that says a lot. I have about 40 pounds to loose. I an 39 years old and have never been over weight in my life until about 5 years ago. I have fibromyalgia and some congenital abnormalities in my lower back/spine, and am in surgically induced Menopause!!! :( These lovely problems cause me to take medications and the pain decreases my ability to exercise. Lately I have caught my self saying "I have trouble exercising because I cant bend at the waist repeatedly. All I can do is walk." Where I failed was admitting that walking is the best exercise ever!! I live in Southern California in a beach town. The weather is wonderful right now. My pain is controlled so....GET OUT THERE!!! I have been walking my dogs about every other day for a week. I have to ease into things slowly or i just hurt my self. Thats part of my problem, Im afraid to hurt my self. But I haven't!! So Ive been doing MFP and walking for a week now. I have noticed a difference in the way I feel and my weight /puffiness has gone down. So much so, I was asked today "Are you loosing weight?" So naturally, I told her about this program. :) I an a very busy Mom, wife and Home health nurse. I'm determined not to let pain and weight get the best of me. Our kids grow up and move away leaving an empty nest. Theres no time like the present to GET HEALTHY.
The scanner is awesome!!!
THANK YOU MFP!!!

Replies

• bellacharlie
    Options
    I really liked reading your post and I am soooo glad you like MFP as much as I do. I like laying my whole anticipated foods for the day out in the journal and then making choices based on how the calories, carbs and fiber total out. It gives me a sense of control over the calorie goal. It's so easy to delete something on the journal BEFORE I have eaten something I didn't need. Keep up the doggie walking and I will too.