My Menu This Week - share yours!

Options
On the menu at Casa Shoshi this week:

:smile: Carne Guisada (Latin Beef Stew, recipe from skinnytaste.com)
:smile: Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken (skinnytaste.com) Burritos
:smile: Garlic-Crusted Sirloin Tip Roast with Mushroom Gravy (Canadian Living website) and roasted cauliflower - maybe this one will be for Valentine's :heart:
:smile: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (a Shoshi kitchen specialty)
:smile: Meatloaf (from soscuisine.com) with Tomato Gravy (recipe courtesy of awesome MFP friend Marekdds) and mashed cauliflower
:smile: Beef Smokies on Homemade Multi-grain bread with Apple-Fennel Slaw
:smile: Fish with Sweet Potato Fries and Cole Slaw

Aside from that, there will probably be a leftover night, and a pizza night. :tongue:

Breakfast is always the same for me (check my diary), and for lunches, I am mining the freezer for frozen soups that are hidden away in there. :bigsmile:

What are you planning to eat this week?

Replies

• shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    bump dammit
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I had buffalo chicken meatballs (crockpot ) last night and tonight paired with caesar salad parmesan cups (all of my recipes this week are from emilybites.com)

enchilada cupcakes

pepperoni bites

four cheese & sausage stuffed shells

asian chicken lettuce wraps
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    White Bean Soup, Egg Salad, Quinoa Pizza Bites, Steamed Garlic n Butter Veggies.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I think I'll make a pot of chili, fry up some turkey burgers, and maybe a pot of minestrone. Lots of fruits and veg to round things out. Not sure what else. Maybe some black beans and brown rice.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    My break fast plans thus far:

Mon: Ox heart/liver nachos.
    Tues: Leftover Ox heart/liver served with rice or more nacho chips.
    Wed: Salmon fillet as an omelette or with rice.
    Thurs: Salmon fillet sushi (eaten at my grans), goat steak with potato fries.
    Fri: Not a clue.
    Sat: Probably an omelette with hash browns.
    Sun: Pizza!
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    YAY!

Monday: Garlicky Kale and White Beans
    Tuesday: Chicken and Green Beans (boring)
    Wed-Friday: Zucchini Lasagna.

I'm minimizing the gluten in my diet, so I'm going to make a lasagna with zucchini instead of pasta. With ground turkey. Should be good, but it should be at least three servings so I won't have to cook the rest of the week. Yes!

Breakfast is a homemade protein shake with dark chocolate almond milk and peanut butter. Lunches will be a salad with a homemade sesame and tamari dressing, along with turkey and cheese roll-ups and strawberries. I eat the same thing for lunch everyday. Makes it easier.

Gosh, food is awesome.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Chicken parmesan w spinach tagliatelle
    Lentil soup w brown rice & tofu
    Seared salmon with green beans
    Broccoli potato cream soup
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is my plan so far for us:

Walnut pesto w/w.wheat ravioli (and salad for all dinners)
    Chicken piccata
    Tofu pad thai (or fried rice) w bok choy
    Pasta e fagioli
    Walnut Rosemary chicken (cooking light 2012) with sweet potatoes
    Fettucine w tomato cream sauce (from cooking light 2012)
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bump dammit

Haha, hilarious!!!

Anyway, here is my week (for now)

Mon: Stirfry Veg with Singapore Noodles
    Tues: Quorn Shepherds pie with Sweet Potato Mash
    Wed: Vegetable Casserole
    Thursday: Quorn, Veg & Bean Chilli
    Fri: Pasta Bake

That's the plan anyway, however knowing my weeks, it will have all changed by tomorrow!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Mon: eating out with my running group
    Tues: Peanut butter pork tenderloin in the Crock Pot, recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking
    Wed: uh...something with chicken breast. There's a lot of chicken breast in the freezer.
    Thurs: Um. Shredded pork tacos? There's a lot of pork in the freezer, too.
    Friday: Oh, lord. That's too far away.
    Sat: Uh...
    Sun: Wait! I have white beans in the pantry! Time for Fagioli all'Uccelletto. And crusty bread. And red wine. Because Sunday is long run day, and I can.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    sun turkey chili
    mon buffalo chicken wraps
    tue grilled cheese and tomato soup
    wed wheat pepperoni pizza
    thur going to red lobster for vday
    fri take out probably subway wheat and turkey

breakfast i usually have a nana and protein bar. lunch lately been turkey sandwich and some type of fruit, pretzels, yogurt.
  • babyshroom
    babyshroom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't usually plan my dinners. They're more often just a few small "snack things"...banana, avocado, mini pita pizzas, can of tuna etc. But I always prep my lunches for the week on Sunday so this week's lunches are:

Steamed carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower with a small "salad" of green apple, yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber. And a hard-boiled egg.

I eat the same thing for lunch every day for a week usually. Just easier that way.

My breakfasts are usually cottage cheese and coffee, or sometimes a couple mini pita's with laughing cow cheese.
  • RabidCarrot
    RabidCarrot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Vegan/glutenfree Cabbage rolls, Black eyed pea soup, salad, sweet potatoes, roasted veggies
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like!

I haven't fully planned my days yet but these are some of my meal options...

Breakfasts: Various fruits (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, blackburrants, apples, oranges, kiwi's, plums, bananas, pears) with yoghurts (Muller lights, muller greek style yoghurts, muller vitality, irish diet yoghurts, chobani strawberry flavour).

Lunches: Hairy Dieters red pepper houmous with vegetables, Food Doctor lentil and couscous wholesome pot with tuna, Home prepared salads with tuna/ham/chicken/leftover meats. I also plan to eat out one lunch this week.

Dinners: Innocent veg pots (caribbean jerk and thai curry) with chicken or tuna, Hairy Dieters Lamb, spinach and potato curry, Hairy Dieters chicken and mushroom risotto, Chicken salads (home prepared), Gammon with potato and vegetables, hopefully some sort of fish with vegetables!

Snacks: Green and Blacks miniature chocolates, Garbanzo dry roasted chickpeas, various fruits, Nairns oaty bakes, Celery and houmous, jelly, Nak'd cherry infused raisins, Skinny Topcorn sweet and salt popcorn.

And I'm sure there will be a few surprises in there too!
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Breakfast will be the same all week - Porridge with linseeds and brown sugar
    Lunches will also be the same all week - Rice salad with lots of veggies in

Dinners:

Mon: Gammon and paprika peppers on baked potato with sour cream
    Tues: Spaghetti puttanesca
    Weds: Broccoli and blue cheese frittata with salad
    Thurs: Sweet potato and spinach daal with carrot and fennel seed rice
    Fri: Turkey chilli with homemade roasted chilli sauce, pico de gallo and sour cream
    Sat: No idea - it's my dad's 60th
    Sun: It's my birthday, so croissants for breakfast, a big roast dinner and some CAKE
  • 01katrina
    01katrina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    Especially the walnut rosemary chicken!
  • ayerg
    ayerg Posts: 33
    Options
    Well - I had no idea until I read this post! Now I know I'm at least having Garlic-Crusted Sirloin Tip Roast with Mushroom Gravy and Walnut and Rosemary Chicken! Mmmmm.... Time to look up more of the yummy recipes!

I love this site! :)
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Dinner:
    Mon - Portobello mushroom cap lasagna
    Tues - Chicken & mixed veggie stir fry w/ Jasmine Rice
    Wed - Lemon Pepper Tilapia, rice, Peas
    Thurs - Crab Cakes, Broccoli
    Fri - Turkey Burgers, veggies, baked potato

Breakfast is usually the same - thin bagel, 1 egg, 3-6 tbsp egg whites, 2 slices low sodium turkey bacon & then a banana about 9 after I get settled at work.

Lunch - salad or leftovers. I eat out once a week.

Snacks - AM: Apple & cheese stick
    PM: Greek Yogurt, usually fruit on bottom and 24 almonds.

Feel free to check out my diary.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    bump.

I'll share mine after I figure it out!! This is a beautiful thread as I am finding myself repeating meals pretty frequently around here......
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Great Idea- definatly have me thinking- will repost when i have a plan !