Help with maintain weight.

Hi,
I'm trying to go on a sensible diet after being on a diet that my mother seen as too risky. I am 18* years old and very self concious about my weight and over all appearance.. I am 5.4ft tall and weigh 42.1 kgs and have an activish lifestyle. (exercises inclued stairs & walking on a busy day I'd burn around 220 Calories). What nutrition do you think I should be intaking? Calories, fat, etc. And if you have any daily examples that you think I should consume that would be great. Thank you. My goal is to maintain my weight and not put any on.. Do you think my weight is a normal weight for my height? Thanks.
Kind Regards,
Katie.

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    I'm guessing 1.46cm is a typo =) If you correct it, then I am sure someone can respond. In either case, a weight of 42.1 kg (92 lbs) is very small and would still be slightly underweight even if you are below 152.4 cm (5 ft) with very small bone structure.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Even if you are very petite you are likely to be underweight at 42 kgs.

Also, you are 16 - too young to be on this site and too young to be worrying about calories. It's good that you are active, but eat more and eat sensibly and you will be fine,
  • kkz99
    kkz99 Posts: 3
    Woops sorry I didn't realise I had done that, it has been corrected. Any input is much appreicated such as day plan examples. Thanks a heap everyone.
  • MaryPhilomena
    MaryPhilomena Posts: 31 Member
    It's really good that you are listening to your mother Katie and taking steps to correct risky eating. She is the one to give you the correct advice as she knows you best. You do not have an overweight issue so my advice is lighten up and have fun.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Being slightly underweight plus worrying about nutrition and not gaining is not a good sign at 16. I think you should drop it and focus on your studies, and I don't mean this in a mean way but you really should not start focusing on this especially that you do not have a health a problem.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Woops sorry I didn't realise I had done that, it has been corrected. Any input is much appreicated such as day plan examples. Thanks a heap everyone.

Your BMI is 15.8. You need to gain 16 lb to even be at the bottom of a healthy weight range, and you are worrying about how many calories to eat? Get some help, please.
  • kkz99
    kkz99 Posts: 3
    I'm sorry if I've upset anyone. I was just after nuturition advice. Thank you for your input. Sorry again.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,089 Member
    don't worry nobody is getting upset
    people want to help

if you diet now, there is a good chance you will not grow anymore...
    for you the best option is eating to maintain or even gain 1/2lbs (look it up in mfp settings, you can chose to gain)
    and strength train
    lifting heave weights will make you put muscles on as you are putting weight, and will transform your body completely
    you will look more "toned" and you will lose the flab from your tummy