Anybody use Wii Fit to Lose Weight here...

Options
I am starting out with Wii fit to start moving and help lose weight. When it warms up again, I plan to go walking and bike-riding again. I love to do both. Anybody else on here use Wii fit as their exercise routine?

Replies

• emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I must admit that I have stopped using wii fit for bit, as least until I lose more weight. I really cant stand when I step on and it gives that gasp and the "oh my! That's OBESE!" Thanks for the freaking reminder every time I work out.... I loved quite a few of the workouts, they did get you moving. The yoga was really fun too :)

Someday I will but when I wont be reminded everyday of being obese :p

Good luck to you in your weight loss goals!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I use it but not as my regular routine. I use it to change things up when I get bored of my workout videos.

I enjoy the rhythm boxing the most and then some of the other aerobic games as well. I'd like to find more games for working out. A friend gave me a Jillian Michaels and/or Biggest Loser type games but I havent checked them out yet.
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    actually that was my exercise of choice, 2 years ago when i originally lost my weight, did the stepper too, loved it, could do it in my pjs lol..since sadly my WII has broken and i really have to get it fixed I did enjoy the work outs..have fun
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have used it and I know that it did help me tone just a little bit, but I really didn't lose many pounds while using it. I did like the Yoga on there because it took time to actually teach you the poses, which helped when I went to do other Yoga DVDs.

However, I found that I needed to do something more "intense" for cardio, as it wouldn't really get my heart rate up and keep it up for a longer period of time (even on the cardio activities). So, I actually have Just Dance 3, Just Dance 4, and Zumba Core for the Wii. I really like Zumba Core for the Wii for a workout. It has pre-loaded workout "playlists" that vary in length and intensity. These really keep your heart rate up! I like the Just Dance games for something more active and fun to do with my husband at night instead of just watching TV.