how much weight can i lose in 4 months?

Options
Started: May 2012
SW: 157lbs
CW: 137lbs
GW: 121lbs
Height: 5'6

So, i am more determined than ever to reach my goal weight after a slow start (only 20lbs lost in 8 monts) and ideally I would like to have lost this by June this year, especially on my horrible massive flabby tummy (i've always had it)

Will it be possible to lose 16lbs in four months?

Any advise on what I should and shouldn't be doing, any certain excerises I should be doing?

Replies

• nickpdesign
    nickpdesign Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you eat a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day, along with at least 30 minutes of cardio ( treadmill, elliptical, even walking outside) you should be able to hit your goal weight by that time. That could be almost 2lbs a week. Drink a lot of water in the morning and afternoon. Good luck.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Since you are so close to your goal weight in four months a healthy weight loss would be about 10lbs.

You are 16lbs away from your goal weight so it will come off much slower than if you were heavier. Being too agressive may make things worse as trying to have too high of a deficit will cause you to lose much more muscle than you would if you had a smaller deficit.

Set your goal at 0.5lb per week and go from there. What may work better for you since you are so close to your goal weight would be to set your weight loss goal at maintain or slightly above maintance, max out on protein and lift heavy weights... and staying off the scale. Adding muscle will change your body a lot more.
  • bolesbe
    bolesbe Posts: 212
    Options
    I am certainly no expert but a ear ago I lost 48lbs in 90 days. I started at 256 and ended at 208.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You are already a healthy weight; to keep going you will really need to fine tune everything. You are barely eating your protein goals, so you might want to be more consistent with that. If you are being realistic in your description of your stomach, you may need to get significantly more protein and cut back on the carbs. Fat seems to be the one thing you are consistently far under for: look into healthy fats, like olive oil and nuts.

For exercise, are you already doing some kind of resistance training or just straight cardio?

Set MFP to lose 1 lb a week and eat back your exercise calories. If, at the end of the first month, you have not lost an average of 1 lb a week, adjust accordingly.