Hail the Chia Seed

Options
2»

Replies

• bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have been using unsweetened applesauce as a replacement for oil in baking. I have also used mashed banana. I haven't tried Chia Seeds. Maybe I wil have to go get some.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I never heard of chia seeds before this post...so yesterday I stopped and got some. Added it to oatmeal and my salad so far...no taste and I don't really notice them at all...totally awesome!!!
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Chia Pudding!!! It's kinda like a version of tapioca pudding and my favorite way to eat chia.
    http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2012/01/chocolate-chia-pudding-and-other-sugar-free-flour-free-desserts.html
  • Salekdarling
    Salekdarling Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Where can I purchase chia seeds?
  • daj150
    Options
    I got mine at Wegmans. But any Whole Foods, Trader Joes, or basically any food market with a Natural Foods section. Other markets like Bottom Dollar usually won't carry specific goods like that.
  • Salekdarling
    Salekdarling Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you for the information. :)
  • daj150
    Options
    No problem...also, when in doubt, Amazon or search in Google and you can always mail order....I have had to do that in the past for other foods.
  • MadameMC
    MadameMC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Where can I purchase chia seeds?

I'm not sure where in the world you live, but here you can also get them from grocery stores like Fred Meyer and QFC. Bob's Red Mill is a brand that sells a lot of whole food ingredients, and they have Chia Seeds too. What I can't find at Fred Meyer, I can usually find at QFC or Albertsons.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    CHIA PUDDING!!! I recently started eating chia seeds and read a recipe for chia pudding. It is awesome and so easy to make. 3 tbls chia seeds, 1 cup milk (I use almond) and you can add unsweetened cocoa powder for chocolate pudding. Stif together and refrigerate overnight. Stir occasionally to prevent the seeds from settling at the bottom of the jar in a clump. The pudding is so thick and good for you. Sweetener is your choice (honey, fruit, etc). It's awesome..and my snack this afternoon.
  • WoWkat
    WoWkat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I bought chia seeds at Whole Foods last night after reading this thread.

They are AMAZING! I love boba and these remind me of drinking boba!