Proving people wrong.

Options
So I had a bit of a heart to heart with my boyfriend this weekend and we were talking about my weight. He told me something that apparently a few people have said to him, he told me that people have told him ' You can do better than Carley' I don't think he realised how much that hurt my feelings. He told me that he responds by telling them that they are wrong and that they don't know me and that they are just jealous because we are happy. I am grateful he tells them that. I do everything for him, he is my everything and I would be nothing without him. I have always hated my weight and I think hearing this has totally kicked my butt into gear! I woke up this morning and decided today is the day I am going to prove all them people wrong. I know I shouldn't do it just to keep people happy, I am doing it just so that I can say 'Look at me now!' I want to feel proud of my body and I want to feel more confident. At the moment I tend to hide away in my clothes, I wear some sizes that are too big for me. I'm always in black because I think it is 'slimming'

Well not anymore! I have set myself a goal to lose 4 stone by the end of this year, if I reach this goal, me and my boyfriend are booking to go to New York!!! Somewhere i've always wanted to go. He has told me that I can only go if I lose the weight. Before you get commenting thinking my boyfriend is unhappy with my weight, he isn't. He just knows how much I want to lose the weight and he knows how much I want to go to New York so by putting the two together he is motivating me.

So here goes...I currently weigh 224lbs ... i'm NOT going to be this weight when I weigh in this time next week!

Wish me luck :D

Replies

• Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey!
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good luck... when you come to NY stop using "stone" for your weight! :) For us Americans it gets confusing. I know a lot of people will tell you not to get into shape for someone else, and that you can only do it for you. I agree with that. However, if that is what finally pushed you over the top and that b/c of that YOU are now ready for the change then go at it! Be constant, be strong and just keep going. This is a great website to track your food and meet people who will be able to answer questions and motivate you. I am sure you will do fine. Post updates as you keep going and then send all of his friends pics of your both in NY!
  • Good luck! :) I am sure you will do great and sounds like you have an amazing man in your life and that is such a wonderful blessing! He sounds like my guy, LOL. good luck and have fun!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I love your motivational reward - I live in NY and let me tell you, it's GREAT here. Do lots of walking to prepare, we like to move fast here :-)
  • laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You have an AMAZING boyfriend! Good Luck with your weight loss, that's about 50lbs, right? You can definitely meet your goal by the end of the year.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Go you that is amazing! You can totally do this!

It's a shame so many people are harsh nowadays! My dad once said to my mum before they got married that his mates said she should never wear jeans....my parents have been divorced 21ish years now and she still won't wear them!!!!

That's my aim to slap her out of!! (obviously not literally, I love my mum and would never slap her!!)

GOOD LUCK :drinker:
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a swift kick to the behind to get rev the engine!!! So glad to hear you're pumped up and excited about this now!! Going to New York will be such an adventure!!

Can't wait to see your progress!!
  • carleylouise
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your comments! I appreciate them all. Yeah 4 stone is around 56lbs.
    It's going to be a long hard road but I am now more determined knowing that I have all of your support.
    I can't even think of backing out now! New York has always been a big dream of mine and I have read that you do a LOT of walking there so I best get started! Sadly I work in a 9-5 office job so exercise during work time is limited. However, tonight I am going on a long walk with my boyfriends mother as she has been told she needs to lose a few pounds by her doctor. They live on a steep hill so we will take the dog out and walk for at least half an hour! I find it easier if I have someone there going through the same as me.

You are deffo right, a kick up the butt deffo helped me. It was horrible to hear but it has made me even more determined to prove them wrong.

F Stephanie4 - Every woman should be able to wear what they want. I bet she felt comfortable in them before but because she heard that she didn't want to wear them. Well she should! Your so right! People are horrible these days! I don't think they understand how it feels when they say things like that.

Thank you to everyone that has wished me luck. I completed a 'mini workout' at home yesterday that I found on Pinterest. You should all take a look on there. The quotes are inspirational and the pictures make u realise it can be done!!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Good for you. good luck with your journey and keep us updated~!

I have just reached my goals so i can say - it is definitely worth it.
    hearing people say you are sexy - some one told me on Saturday i i had a tiny sexy butt - but when i look in the mirror i still see this gargantuan thing so now my goal is to see myself truly and not with my own criticalness

but i wanted to say - proving those people wrong is a good goal( ant it will feel great) and new york is even better!
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what reason you are doing this..it all works out to being in much better health! Whatever helps to motivate you is good! You'll love New York! Good luck with everything!:happy:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and the incentive of New York is amazing.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    looking good IS the best revenge :wink:
  • PugCookie
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss journey!
    And your boyfriend sounds lovely, good on him.

Oh yes and wow what a great incentive to get losing!
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey, I am sure you can loose 4 stone before the end of the year, after all you have got a great incentive..... New York!

It is great to hear that your boyfriend is supporting you! It will be great to show all those people how wrong they are, but you know what your boyfriend is correct, they don't know you and are just judging the outer you and no one has the right to do that apart from YOU :O)

Good luck with everything! and above all make sure you loose the weigh for you and no one else :O)
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Good luck! And just one thing...

Figure out your numbers correctly, with your tdee/bmr. (follow helloitsdan's 'in place of a roadmap' topic.

And also don't rely on the scale too much, it can be very unreliable and could discourage you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I started my weight loss to prove two girlfriends wrong also!!! They were on these crazy cleanse diets and taking pills and liquids that cost a lot of money. One day when they were bragging about the month long cleanse that resulted in a 5 lb weight loss I decided not to say anything and get my butt in gear. Diet, exercise and pure determination got me to my goal. Now they don't say anything - not even "you look good"!!! Wonder why!!

I got the last laugh for a lot less money and I feel great!!!
  • Kaypink21
    Options
    I know what you mean about proving people wrong. Glad your boyfriend is sticking by you though.

Good luck :)
  • carleylouise
    Options
    Thank you for all of your comments! They help me a lot.

I was wondering if anyone has Blackberry Messenger as I work full time so cannot be on here all day. However, I work on my phone too so if anyone wanted a more private chat about their goals, weight loss, exercises then please feel free to add me.

(no weirdos please hahaha!)

My pin is 2967865D
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL - with that attitude you'll go far

& like you stones are so much easier for some of us (Brit here!!)

I have a count down timer App on my phone set to my my deadline date
    & maybe some pics around you of your goal (NY) just to keep you motivated & on track - anything that works is good

Good Luck huni

xx
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It's not luck