swimmers and bikers out there??

Options
I started MFP about a month ago and honestly it has been the best decision I have made in a VERY long time.... The supprt and motivation that I'm able to give and get is the best and keeps me going on a daily basis.
Within the last few months I've started to get more serious about being a healthier me. When I was younger I swam competetively and I still try to swim a couple days a week. In these last few months I've started to workout at the gym daily and I have a trainer for my road bike so I'm trying to get good use out of it.
In April 2012 I was at the gym working out and I had a fluke accident where my knee gave out and I shattered my ankle and I ended up with 2 plates and 14 screws in my ankle. It has been a slow rode but I'm getting back into the swing of things, but need that extra push sometimes.
I really want to become a stronger, healthier, and a better me :) I'm looking for people that are motivated to be a healthier and stronger you!! Looking out there for those who are bike riders and/or swimmers!! Maybe even triathaletes.... I'm working on getting back to running since my accident and wanting to do a TRI in the near future.
Have a GREAT day and would love some new friends to stay motivated with!

Replies

• Wickedone1973
    Options
    Add me if you want. I am just now getting into biking, 2nd trip out today, since I got my license some 21 years ago. I also enjoy a day on the lake swimming and general water activities. I scuba dive and love being in and around the water. I have a tremendous amount of weight to lose, but my ultimate goal (a year or so from now) is to do a tri-sprint because it's shorter distances. About a year ago I was running almost a 5k, but my weight caused injury. I decided to do something else with less impact ie biking.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I bike leisurely about 30 or so miles in the summer on a path from my place to the Botanic Gardens. I hope to complete a tri, sometime in my life :)