What is the best blender to purchase?

Options
2»

Replies

• ineedGod
    ineedGod Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Right, if you order it direct, you get the book and all the goodies.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Father-in-law just got a Ninja...he said it's the best thing ever. Easy to clean, never leaks....but I have to be honest...I have a blender that is older than I am and it works just fine...as long as the seal is tight, the motor works, and the blades are sharp.
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. Worth every penny!

8 year warranty
    2 containers--large and small

Great customer service
    Free FedEx on repairs if needed
  • rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    On a budget: Ninja
    Not on a budget: Vitamix

There's a consumer reports blender review. Read it then get one of the highliy rated ones
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have an under $50.00 Hamilton Beach blender from Wal -Mart...it has an optional spout to put your glass under. I have used it for fruit smoothies and protein shakes. Doesnt work fast for ice but it does its job. Its for right handed people though...control 's on the right. :(
  • stevelowery148
    Options
    Like several others have mentioned, I would highly recommend a Vitamix. I know it's over your mark of $125, but honestly, it pays for itself in no time and nothing compares to how smooth it makes your smoothies. With traditional blenders, if you try to blend up spinach, kale, or other leafy greens/vegetables, you will get a lot of chunks left in the smoothie.

Here's a pretty good review I just found for the Vitamix 5200 if you want to check it out: http://www.charlottesvineyard.com/vitamix-5200-review/
  • kimberly728
    Options
    NUTRIBULLET $99 at bed bath and beyond. it's amazing. I use it daily.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My Oster Osterizer (listed currently for $39.99) has lasted me as long as my marriage (16 years). I love it. It has been used and abused and keeps on going.
  • tamikia87
    tamikia87 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ninja is great! I just got one at Xmas time and it does a great job making smoothies :)
  • mfbonafide
    mfbonafide Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bought a Hamilton Beach blender that has a pour spout on the bottom of the container. It is great for my shakes, no messy pouring. Just tip the spout. The whole thing comes apart for cleaning. And, it was $20.