Need some insite. Rushfit or P90. Help?

Options
Hi guys I need some help. I know this seems like an odd pairing but let me explain why I have narrowed it down to theses two and then I am hoping someone can help me from there or even guide me in a different direction.
8 months ago I had my third baby. The year before I got pregnant I lost 70+ pounds, I went from 240 to 175 ish. I have lost all the baby weight and am at 178.4 as of this morning. However I have not been exercising as I should. Most of my weight loss has been due to diet. I need to incorporate a good exercise routine into my daily schedule. I need something quick, I don't usually have 90 uninterrupted minutes to dedicate to exercise a day. Plus I tend to get bored or I dread it if it is to long. I absolutely LOVE kickboxing, I used to belong to a boxing gym and would take kickboxing multiple times a week and absolute loved it. We don't have it in the budget to go back there so that's why I was looking at rushfit, it's only 45 minutes, seems to incorporate a lot of the moves that I know I enjoy doing and it's laid out for me in a way that seems easy to follow. However I am a tad worried its to hard. I know I am not ready for P90x so that is why I was looking at P90. It also seems easy to follow and the workouts seem quick. I am not totally out of shape, is P90 a beginners program? Does anyone have some insite? I also do not like any super high intensity cardio programs, after awhile my knees ache and it becomes uncomfortable. Kickboxing seems to be the perfect exercise for me so I would love to find something close that I can do in my living room! If you have read all of this I really appreciate it. Joining a gym at the moment is out of our budget so I really need something I can do at home. Thanks everyone!!!

Replies

• johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump...anyone? Pretty please.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yes, P90 is for beginners and probably would be boring to you pretty quick. There is a little bit of kicking and punching, but that's not the main focus.
  • Sadagopan84
    Sadagopan84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    If you compare P90x and Rushfit then you will find both are very similar but has thier own differences. Both program has different calandar for different level while P90x is a 90 days and rushfit is 60 days program. If you have more time and money to invest then P90x will do wonders on the other hand Rushfit require less time and money (need just a pair of dumbells) still work prettty good. P90x has more varity which you will different warmup and cooldown whereas Rushfit first and last10 mins warmup and cooldownis same for all the DVD.
    P90x has its plyo and cardio workouts but Rushfit leaves the cardio to the users choise (recomends running/cycling).
    Rushfit uses compound exercise (ie burpee,Air squats etc) while P90x relises on Isometric exercises(ie arms and shoulder ,chest and back)
    Rushfit has a DVD for basic exercise which will help beginners to learn the basics before the press play.
    I am currenlty doing Rushfit and i am loving it. I have also done P90x its also great program if you love Tonny. Hope this helps if you need furthur inputs please check National health US sight for detailed review.
  • stevelowery148
    Options
    It sounds like RushFit may be perfect for you if you're more into kickboxing and stuff like that as a workout. Since RushFit is designed as an "MMA" type workout, there will be a lot of similarities with that and the kickboxing that you already enjoy.

I think both programs would work though. As long as you're being active and eating healthy, you will see results.

I just dug up this review real quick on RushFit if you want to check it out. Seems like it has some solid information on the program and what is included: http://www.yourenotstupid.com/georges-st-pierre-rushfit-workout-program-review/

Good luck with everything!
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Both are excellent programs. I'm currently doing Rushfit (just going into week 3), and I'm really enjoying it. Rushfit has mostly bodyweight exercises, and the only equipment needed is a set of dumbells (light/medium weight - JSP & the instructor don't use more than 20 lbs). Rushfit comes with a beginner, intermediate, and advanced level training schedules, and the instuctor is very good about suggesting exercise modifications for those exercises that you can't do at first.

I've heard great things about P90X as well, but based on your post is sounds like RF might be the better fit for you.
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Isn't TurboJam and TurboFire a lot of kickboxing stuff? Maybe you can find one of those programs on ebay for cheap and pair it with something like Power90 so you get strength AND something you enjoy.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    May I suggest to you look into Tapout XT? http://www.tapoutxt.com/

It's a P90X-ish program with lots of kicking and punching and kneeing and although the videos typically don't offer much in the way of actual modifications, most moves are rather easy to adapt if you're not able to do them as instructed. Most workouts are about 45-50 minutes and it's got a great emphasis on core which, in my case, has been awesome in helping deal with lower back/sciatic nerve issues. The workouts are super fun and IMO Mike Karpenko, the trainer, is really motivating, and he's a great guy. I've asked him questions on facebook and twitter and he's responded every time :)

P90 is pretty dang boring. You could also go straight to P90X and just modify until you're comfortable with the moves. I haven't done Rushfit but I've seen a lot of reviews that compared it with Tapout XT and the bottomline seemed to be that it is a little more boring but will build more muscle whereas Tapout XT has more fighting moves and doesn't even require dumbbells (although you may wanna get additional resistance bands) and will be a lot more about getting "lean". So, of course, I'm a litle bias =P
  • johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions. I really appreciate it!!

Krokador - I was looking at Tapout XT and I thought it might be too difficult for me. I am going to check it out again.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    rushfit is not a kickboxing workout. it is primarily resistance training. it does not include cardio. you are supposed to supplement it with your own. it is a great program which produces amazing results.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Turbofire and Turbojam are high intensity cardio and kickboxing workouts. Lots of dance, kicks, punches, knees, etc. Turbojam claims it burns up to 1000 cals an hour. Also, of course, there is Les Mills Combat. Total MMA style workout, body weight, kicks, punches, etc.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/les-mills-combat-workout.do