salmon

Options
Can anybody tell me how to bake salmon and make it tasty???????????

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    There are plenty of different ways. Most people use lemon and herbs. My boyfriend loves when I bake it with honey (you have to cook it at a lower temperature if you do this) and then put it on sourdough bread with some mozzarella.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I do a drizzle of olive oil and rub it in, then some salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Bake it in a fairly hot oven- 425 on convection is what I do- for 15-20 minutes and it'll be juicy inside and have a nice crust on the outside.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
  • rhonsal
    rhonsal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mix chilli sauce and grated ginger - top salmon and bake! Lovely!
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a little sea salt and garlic. I tried brown sugar once and it was ok, but I don't like the sweetness. I also tried a parm cheese and egg, it was a strange coating.... Tons of recipes online though, if you google it you are bound to see an easy fixer upper recipe!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I roast mine with plum tomatoes, onions and kalamata olives in olive oil...yum
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Seriously, it's this simple:

squeeze ANY mustard, and spread with spoon. I don't care if it's cheap yellow or dijon. That and only that, will taste amazon.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    This is how I do mine:

Marinate in mixture of low sodium teriyake sauce, soy sauce, honey, and ginger.

Preheat oven to 425.

Bake (if if there's skin, bake it skin side down. The skin will come right off and not take any fish with it) for about 20 min or until it's done to your liking. If you like it cooked all the way, make sure it's pink but not opaque on the inside of the thickest part.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    buy quality salmon. don't overcook it.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Honey baked salmon is MMMM MMMM GOOD! .. except for the sugar count.

Lemon and herbs are great too.

Try this.. It'll do the trick!

1/4 cup organic raw honey
    1/4 cup(s) lemon juice
    2 teaspoon oil, vegetable
    1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
    1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper

BON APPETITE! :drinker:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend cooked some at work one day, he covered it in 1/2 greek yogurt and 1/2 mayo plus a bunch of garlic and fresh dill. He slow cooked it in a toaster oven, it was delicious!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I happen to agree that the fish itself makes the biggest difference.

I like lemon, dill & capers on mine, baked in foil.
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I use either honey mustard or teriyaki on mine…..
  • colemaf3
    Options
    I used to not like any fish at all, but have recently grown to LOVE salmon. I put a little extra virgin olive oil on it and sprinkle it with blackened seasoning and bake per the package instructions. It's that simple. I love eating it with sweet potatoes and have even started incorporating into salads. The 3 lb bag for $20, frozen from Sam's is my favorite kind to buy. Good luck!
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

the quality of salmon can be very different from one grocery store to another.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    1 T dijon mustard
    1 T balsamic vinegar
    1 t Reduced sugar maple syrup
    ^^Mix and cover top of salmon with mixture

Bake on 400 for 8-10 mins (keep an eye on it, remove from oven when pink all the way through. If the ends start turning white, it's overcooking, remove from oven!)
  • triguy78
    triguy78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should try this seasoning called Salmon Magic. I rub a little bit of olive oil on the salmon and then sprinkle with the magic and then bake - out of this world. I now buy the seasoning at Costco in a big container, but I am sure you can find it at your local grocery store too. If you like a little bit more spice, the same company also makes a spice called SeaFood Magic which is also good on Salmon.
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Caesar dressing with a light dusting of panko crumbs and parmesan :happy:
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    pan seared!!! get the pan nice and hot...salt on one side...put it salt side down...cover the other side with sesame seeds. flip. the sesame seed side will turn nice and crispy. SO GOOD and so easy and quick and SO GOOD.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I actually would recommend grilling or in the winter pan frying on stove top! It keeps it juicier than oven baking. I'd also suggest cooking it till just past rare for the best taste.

As far as seasoning, salmon takes almost everything from sweet to savory.