What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
Hello! I am trying to eat better and looking for new breakfast ideas. So? What do you eat for breakfast?

Have a great day!
Sharon

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    It depends:

Oatmeal (regular oats not the instant stuff) with 1TB PB; raisins or dried cranberries; 1/2 cup milk/1/2 cup water. Sometimes I add a scoop of protein powder.

2 eggs + 1/2 cup egg whites scrambled with ham, turkey or roast beef (minimally processed lunch meat) and cheddar cheese

Egg sandwich: 1 egg, meat, cheese on and English muffin

or

Plain fried eggs with toast or English muffin
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Uni student so I keep it pretty simple. Sultana bran (cereal) with fat free natural yoghurt!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I had a toasted whole wheat English muffin with a tablespoon of chunky PB and some homemade strawberry jam.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, i had nachos.

Today I will either have nachos again, or serve the leftover meat on rice. Can"t decide.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    food.

i like food.

i try to eat some every day.

:bigsmile:
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My current go to is a toasted whole wheat English muffin with 6 tablespoons liquid egg whties (sometimes it's 1 whole egg and 3T egg whites, depending on my mood) (I scramble in a bowl in the micro, the eggs take the shape of the bowl bottom and fit perfectly onto the muffin) and a slive of 2% cheese. I use either 1T of Country Crock spread or some spray butter, sometimes hummus or cream cheese, depending.

I also like scrambled eggs/egg whites with salsa/pico de gallo and cheese with some low carb, whole wheat toast on the side.

Otameal (1/2 c) made with almond milk and seasoned with some cinnamon and vanilla (and sometimes Splenda) is good. Once it's cooked, I mix in 2 egg whites/3-4T liquid egg whites really, really well, and it turns custardy. It's also good with Greek yogurt mixed in. I like to make sure I'm getting a really good protein kick at each meal.
  • elli_be1
    Options
    A cup of oatmeal with pieces of green apple and cinnamon. I love it. Or I'll make a really yummy (but sugar filled) smoothie of protein powder, frozen berries, and a banana.
  • packergirl2007
    Options
    Oatmeal (Home made)
    Garnola (real natural stuff - not processed and loaded with sugar)
    toast
    smoothie
    scrambled eggs
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with half servings of nuts and raisins and a bit of cinnamon

Greek yogurt and grapenuts

Place one thinnish slice of ham in a ramekin, break an egg on top and bake. Serve with V8. Alternatively, chop up the ham, heat up in skillet, add one egg and one egg white beat together. If you have kids, be sure to add green food coloring.

Boiled eggs and V8
  • violetcoyne
    Options
    Mostly I eat kashi cereal. Whatever milk I don't use in the cereal I drink. Always adds 1cup regardless.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing Bulletproof coffee and it's awesome!

12oz coffee
    1 1/2 tbs organic butter
    1 tbs coconut oil
    1tbs unsweetened cocoa

Full for HOURS. Tons of energy.
  • Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A few ounces non-fat Greek yogurt, maybe with some blueberries or a little honey. And a banana. Maybe string cheese too or almonds if I need something else.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Two eggs, scrambled, with a slice of pepper jack cheese.
    Two slices of 100% whole wheat toast with strawberry preserves.
    One pork sausage.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    food.

i like food.

i try to eat some every day.

:bigsmile:

this. today was half an avocado mashed with hot sauce, smeared on a pita, with a scrambled egg on top.
  • micdembibb
    micdembibb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to eat something high protein every morning! It ranges from egg whites and turkey on an whole wheat english muffin to a simple shake full with protein.

I also love overnight oats. There are loads of recipes on line.
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It varies depending on my carb allowance for the day, but:

Higher carb - porridge made with 40g porridge oats, 200ml almond milk, and then mix in10g high quality dark chocolate and cinnamon, finally scatter chopped banana on top

Lower carb - omelette with cheese, ham and tomato or scrambled eggs with bacon :)
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon oatmeal with 1 whole egg cooked in it, whole wheat bagel thin with whipped PB, plain Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey or granola, or my go to... cereal and milk!
  • kali3000
    Options
    One scrambled egg with red onions and fresh spinach. Add one tablespoon of salsa and low-fat cheddar cheese. Roll it up in a fat-free or low-carb tortilla.

Slow-cooker steel cut oats (made with one apple; brown sugar; cinnamon; and low-fat milk or almond milk).

One boiled egg with one slice of Ezekiel bread and a piece of fruit.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Non lifting days: Protein shake

Lifting days: eggs and wholemeal toast with a dash of lite tomato sauce.
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    Peanut Butter
    Flax Seed
    Chia Seed
    Stevia