advice please&Chocolate!

Options
Hi,
I'm new to this and would like some advise about best way to use it.Do you just need to figure out how to use what goes best to suit your intake or is there somewhere to find good recipes?CHOCOLATE!My downfall,what's low on fat?
Thanks!

Replies

• BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hi just noticed no one has replied to your very valid question! I am new too, and really don't know about how to use this site in the best way regarding food intake. So far (for 5 days) I have just been using it as a diary to help me stick within my calorie budget. (Failing tho :( )
    But I do know about chocolate addiction :)
    Just don't buy it. The cravings will pass, honestly. If you have to have some, keep it in the freezer, it lasts longer. And milky way magic stars fun size bags have less than 70 cals in each. Great as an end of day treat.
    Another thing is, fill out your profile and add a picture, you'll get more replies I promise. Add me as a friend if you like. Hope some of this helps,
    Becca
  • CMansager
    Options
    I read somewhere that sea salt attacks the same part of the brain where chocolate cravings lurk. Therefore, if you add sea salt (not just regular table salt) that should quell your chocolate cravings in the brain. That will have no impact on emotional desires, mouth feel for chocolate, or emotionally eating chocolate. I have found that the sea salt DOES work, though. Your brain thinks you ate the same stuff. Good luck!
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,
    Welcome to MFP ladies. Using MyFitnessPal is very simple. Here's how the basic process works:

1. Based on your fitness profile, we'll recommend a daily net calorie target for you to achieve your weight loss (or gain) goals.

2. As you eat and exercise throughout the day, you need to log your meals and exercise in our Food and Exercise diaries. MyFitnessPal will calculate the number of calories you've consumed and burned from exercise and let you know how many calories you have left to eat for the day. If you stick within your calorie limits, you should achieve the weight loss you're looking for.

3. The best part of our system is that logging gets easier the more you do it. MyFitnessPal remembers the foods and exercises you like most and makes it easy for you to add those items to your diary. In just a few days, logging can be as fast as 30 seconds — it's literally that easy.

4. Periodically (we recommend once a week), you should weigh yourself and check-in your new weight with the site using our Check-In feature. Checking in your weight allows us to track your progress over time and also adjust your calorie goals to reflect your new weight.

That's it! Just a few minutes a day can show you so much about what you're eating and how that impacts your health.
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The site works how you want it to. Play around with it. The first couple of days just track what you eat. Track any exercise. You will in the end see if you need to eat more or eat less etc. The more you exercise the more you can eat. It's all about trial and error. You will see your trends and figure out the yess's and nos. Read the posts of others for input and help. I'm brand new too so I'm getting my feet wet as well. I find myself reading nutrition facts on everything before I put it in my mouth. You just never know. Feel free to add me as a friend. Hope I answered some of your questions.

P.S. I also have a chocolate addiction... It's not about avoiding it, its about moderation.
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have written couple of blogs as well to help you with nutrition, just send me an invite and once accepted visit my blog sections and ask any questions you may have.:smile:
  • elizabetho_gorman
    Options
    Thanks so much!Im to doing too bad on carbs but way up on sugars!Trial&error I suppose!
  • IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Chocolate... yum!

I'm new here, but I have the same problem, so I can tell you what I do.

A whole serving of italian style chocolate pudding has about 116 Cal... something to remember when craving chocolate :)
    Anyway, if you can stick to a chicken soup for one evening, a bit of chicolate stay well within the calory goal of the day :)

Isabella
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    blog for recipes

skinnytaste.com

sallysbakingaddiction.com

I am also a chocolate lover. if you deprive your self of what you love... you will find youself binging later. Try to find smarter why to eat it. Not a whole chocolarte bar or a 4x4 brownie.