What's your favorite?

Options
Hello everyone! I'm looking for some new healthy recipes. I love salads so some new salad ideas would be nice if anyone has any they would like to share. As well as breakfast meals, lunches, and dinners! lol I'm starting to get into a routine of having the same things everyday and I'd love to change that up a bit. Please, please share your great meals with me... please. :happy:

Replies

• FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I really like a serving of fruit salad (1 1/2 Cups) with a half a cup of honey yogurt. I'm not a huge breakfast eater, so something light is usually just enough for me.

For lunch I stock up on my fruits and veggies! Carrots and celery with hummus, an apple, some strawberries, ect. I usually pair that with a cup of lowfat cottage cheese (if I'm feeling like a light lunch day) or a turkey roll up - one piece of flatout flat bread light, a big handful of baby spinach, five slices of turkey deli meat, and one tbs of light mayo.

For dinner I slap together some chicken because it's cheap and easy. Recently I found some good gnocchi (potato pasta - 170 cals!) and had it with a chicken breast, some fake butter, and a 1/2 tbs of parmesean cheese. It was pretty good, and stuck with me for awhile.

Hope that gives you at least one day of variety!
  • tosize2
    tosize2 Posts: 32
    Options
    I think it's great that you ask us! I'm not a real creative cook, but we eat quite a bit of vegetarian (tomato-less, don't ask) meals, so I kind of have to be. Just got results from my annual physical and my good cholesterol is soaring because of it : P

Here's a favorite . . Taco Salad!

Brown some ground beef (morningstar "Grillers"), add kidney beans and taco seasoning. Prepare a crisp bed of greens and top with french dressing. Spoon beef and beans over greens and top with cheese and a few crushed Doritos. Add other favorites, especially avocado and tomato!

Makes a great family dinner. Hope you try it, and like it.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    tosize2 -awesome job on the test results!! We lose so much more than weight here don't we?:drinker: :tongue:

Reanna...I'll get back to your thread and see what I can add for ideas :wink: :flowerforyou:

Becca:heart: