What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Today:

Beef Round Cube Steak Mink - Beef Round Cube Steak , 2.1 oz (112g)
    Avocado - Raw (1 oz.) - Avocado 1 oz., 1.5 oz.
    Sunny Meadow - Eggs - Large Grade A, 1.95 egg
    Kroger - Diced Potatoes - Southern Style Hash Browns Frozen
    Kroger Fresh Selections - Tender Spinach, 1 cups
    Sunny Meadow - Eggs - Large Grade A, 1.95 egg
    Hollywood - Safflower Oil (Enriched Expeller Pressed / Vit E), 0.33 Tbsp (15 ml)
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Either:

Scrambled eggs & veggie sausage
    Scrambled egg and smoked salmon on wholewheat bagel
    Oatmeal

I'm going to start putting protein powder in my oatmeal and also try out protein powder smoothies.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Other than Protein Shake, Cereal or Oatmeal during the week, I love making omelets on Saturday's.

*Precut your veggies and keep refrigerated to add when needed.

Two egg whites
    One whole egg
    Mushrooms, Peppers, Onions, Etc.
    Half Whole Wheat Pita
    1/4 cup of crumbled turkey or chicken sausage
    Small amount of shredded cheese

*I add a side of Fruit and Turkey Bacon when I do not add the meat above
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of these almost every week for breakfast.

Apple Chicken Sausage
    1 lb ground chicken
    1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced small
    3 tsp poultry seasoning
    1 tsp red pepper flakes
    dash of salt and pepper

Mix all together, get all squishy with it. Form into 10 patties. Heat pan with about 1 TB olive oil. Once pan is hot, add patties. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side, then flip. After cooking 3-5 minutes on the other side I tend to add a TB or two of water to the bottom of the pan, to keep them moist while they finish cooking. Couple more flips and they're done.

Each patty is 89 cal, 3 carbs, 4 gm fat, 9 gm protein. I typically have 2-3 for breakfast. Yum.

wait...you can make your own sausage!?!?! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THIS!?!?

so stealing this.
  • cdgabbert
    cdgabbert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I switch it up ... use egg beaters and cook ahead frittatas, use morning star veggie sausages and scramble egg beaters for a quick sandwich, cereal with almond milk, english muffin with peanut butter, though i am switching to PB2 as soon as it comes in to reduce the fat calories and steel milled oats... but I'll use high fiber quaker on occasion...
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    On days I'm not going to school: Van's brand of power grains waffles, a fruit of my choice, and cereal (Honey Nuts Cheerios or Kashi Go Lean plain.) On days that I go to school or work: Waffles and a Luna Bar, or a Luna Bar, an apple, and also pack a ziploc of almonds and dried fruits for a mid-morning snack.
  • JosefinTonks
    Options
    I mostly eat a slice of lingongrova (A swedishbread which contains lingonberry. It's delicous) with super-thin slices of ham. It's low on calories and keeps me full to lunch.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My go-to's are a hemp waffle with a Tablespoon of pnut butter OR greek yogurt with a small banana and bear naked granola OR 2 eggs with sauteed mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and goat cheese.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat a slice of lingongrova (A swedishbread which contains lingonberry. It's delicous) with super-thin slices of ham. It's low on calories and keeps me full to lunch.

Where do you get lingongrova??
  • mghanie
    mghanie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I usually eat an apple with a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter and 1 cup of milk. Its just 335 calories.
  • andrew_shelton
    Options
    Only very well balanced protein shakes for breakfast. Gets all the vitamins and minerals that are needed for the day without having to spend a lot of time cooking to make it happen. I liked the Qivana Chocolate Shake for that but since I just ran out I'm trying to find a replacement that has lower carbs and cals. I really like the press that dub protein 2.0 has received and will probably try a sample of that next.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    2-4 egg and cheese omelet, waffles or pancakes, sausage and bacon, some fruit, yogurt, milk, coffee
  • smiller212003
    smiller212003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For a quickie i like a serving of Special K Protein cereal and if handy i like to cut up half a nanner in it with fat free milk or a Yoplait Vanilla Greek Yogurt (100 calorie) with half nanner or nuts/granola or fruit.

If i have the time. i like to throw in a piece of butterball turkey bacon (1 slice is 25 calories), scramble in 1/4 cup of egg white and one whole egg. Piece of plain wheat toast - sometimes i throw about a teaspoon of sugar free syrup and it tastes like a bfast sandwich! Yums!

On the weekends - Protein pancakes! MY hubs is a master! :D
  • andrew_shelton
    Options
    Only very well balanced protein shakes for breakfast. Gets all the vitamins and minerals that are needed for the day without having to spend a lot of time cooking to make it happen. I liked the Qivana Chocolate Shake for that but since I just ran out I'm trying to find a replacement that has lower carbs and cals. I really like the press that dub protein 2.0 has received and will probably try a sample of that next.

BTW - the Qivana Shake was 220 cals and 19 carbs. The Dub one is 90 cals, 3 carbs and 20 protein.
  • mommamills
    Options
    holy smokes! Def gonna have to try the sausage recipe!!!
  • JosefinTonks
    Options

Where do you get lingongrova??
    From a regular supermarket. I live in sweden so they are easy to come by.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    mixed nuts, something with protein and fat. sometimes fruit but usually i eat fruit later in the day...
  • TashaHem
    Options
    When I went gluten free a few months ago, I decided to change my breakfast completely! Now I eat 1/2-1 cup of almonds and pistacios and then raw vegetables (really!) like anise or radishes or celery and I also eat some fruit (berries, grapes). It all seems so much more satisfying and I love the crunch!
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It varies. I try to stay under 300 calories for breakfast. Here are some ideas-
    - egg sandwich with slimwich buns (90 calorie buns), egg and deli ham
    - Cheerios or Honey Bunches of Oats
    - Whole grain waffle with creamy peanut butter
    - Banana with creamy peanut butter
    - Strawberries on a whole wheat waffle
  • mas1989
    mas1989 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    nutri grain waffle with 1 Tbs peanut butter - 195 calories
    great value (walmart brand) canadian bacon, egg and cheese muffin - 260 calories
    greek yogurt with some walnuts
    cinnamon high fiber oatmeal