Subway?

Options
I was wonder how many calories are in a 12' Chicken Bacon Ranch Melt on Italian Herbs, and Cheese. Lettuce, Extra Spinach, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, few onions(yuck), lite mayo, and a squirt of southwest sauce. Here it says over 1200, but seems a little extreme. That's my calorie intake for the day, and I would have to workout just to burn that off. BTW I like my sandwich looking like a salad on a bunch good stuff. Wheat is the best option in bread there right?

Replies

• mimilynn79
    mimilynn79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That sounds right to me.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The Subway website itself has a downloadable nutrition PDF that has MOST of the foods they serve (some sauces are missing...). I'd double check with that.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i would say 1200 or more. I get subway a lot and it is always different based on who makes it.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The subway web site let's you build your own sandwich for an accurate calorie count
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    312 for a 6", 624 for a 12" with what you specified. You can build it on their site.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    That sounds correct. Subway's website lists the Chicken Bacon Ranch Melt as the highest calorie item on the menu. 570 calories for just the 6".

http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Have you eten it already? I always find 6" is plenty
  • mimilynn79
    mimilynn79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    On the website 6" chicken bacon ranch melt is 570.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    like others have said, use their website.

Now for the real reason I posted in this thread. The subway website is what caused me to stop eating their all together. I had one of their breakfast sandwiches and after entering it there, I learned that their egg whites, aren't in fact egg whites, but Egg White Patty Product that have carbs! Carb...in the F'ing eggs!
  • burningfattobefit
    burningfattobefit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I ate it for lunch, and I had no idea it was that many calories. I will remember not to get that next time, and get something a little healthier.
  • brigliad1
    Options
    You can go on the subway website and check all ths info out. The have an app that allows you to put everything that you had on your sandwich and it give you a printable report that you can log into myfitnesspal. I just did it myself as I had subway for lunch.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You can make any sandwich into a salad BTW. Just have them add the meat to a salad. And when you do it, have them do spinach instead of lettuce since lettuce offers no nutritional value at all.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right. Cut it in thirds, and you can have it for all three meals for the day. It's definitely too much for one meal. My husband and I always share a footlong from Subway. You can also have any sub made into a salad and skip the bread.
  • sclarktiw
    Options
    Bacon and cheese on a sub? and ranch? Why would you even consider all that together? What do you expect? When I go there (which is 3x a week) I get the following:

6" ham on white with cheese and peppers and onions AND then toasted.
    After the toasting I get loaded with lettuce, tomotoes and hot peppers with lite mayo and mustard.

And yes, three times a week.

So tasty (to me) and filling too.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    There is not much healthy about that sandwich... Or eating out in general. This is exactly why I consider eating out anywhere a treat. And yep, I enjoy my Subway ;-).
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    As I'm reading this thread I'm eating a 6 in Oven Roasted Chicken, no cheese with veggies and some Dijon Mustard. This paired with some applies instead of chips and a water makes for a decent sized dinner around 350 calories :smile:

Like most fast food places, you can usually opt to make your meal healthier if you plan it out. It definitely helps to check the nutrition website beforehand!