Not losing weight is frustrating!

Options
I am not losing any weight....I have stayed around 153 since the beginning of January. I am about ready to throw in the towel but I really want to lose 10-15 pounds before April 4!!!! I am on a 1200 calorie plan and I exercise 4-5 times a week. I watch what I eat and track everything! What am I doing wrong????

Replies

• brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have been reading about SODIUM and how it can keep a person from ridding of any excess.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Www.fat2fitradio.com.

Listen to the podcast in midpage on plateaus....good luck
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Change things up. Different exercises. Find the roadmap thread in the forums here and increase calories. That's what I had to do, I also decreased the amount of cardio I do and started lifting weights. Seeing improvements slowly but surely. The last few are for real the hardest to lose, no joke.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi hun, add me as your friend and I;ll check out you diary and see if I can help you out :flowerforyou:
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I lost weight slowly over the summer, then stopped even though I hadn't changed anything. I tried upping my calories a bit like so many recommend on here and gained back 3 pounds in the fall. I am now trying what Emtabo01 recommended about exercise and have changed my exercise routine and am trying Crossfit. I've been doing that for a month, 2-3 times per week plus running about 10 miles a week (around 1200-1400 net). The scale hasn't moved but I feel like my clothes might be a teeny bit looser. So sorry, don't have much to recommend to you but just encouraging you to not give up!
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat more, your body may thinking you are starving it and holding onto every last bit.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I wouldnt give up the towel yet youll need it to wipe the sweat from your brow from all the hard work you are doing. Keep going!
  • ToFatToBeSick
    Options
    I have been reading about SODIUM and how it can keep a person from ridding of any excess.

Any idea what a person should do who has low blood pressure, is told by a doctor to eat more sodium and still cannot lose weight?

My blood pressure runs 95/51 so I don't really have the option of cutting back on Sodium. Any suggestions will help...
  • JessiM03
    Options
    Pleateaus are really hard, but you can push through it! I'd up your protein and mix up your exercises. I finally just broke through my first plateau barrier. You can do it, too! Mine was partially b/c they happen and partially b/c I got a stress fracture in my foot. It was good, though, b/c it forced me to learn a ton of new exercises out of sheer necessity. Stay strong!
  • unbeknownst
    unbeknownst Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights? Just cardio is not enough. Lifting weights will keep your metabolism going much longer after you have left the gym.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories back? 1200 calories a day is too low if you are exercising and not eating at least a majority of your exercise calories back - your body with fight to hold on to every single ounce of fat because you are starving it.
  • Cslauson86
    Cslauson86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You haven't said anything about your diet except for the calories. Someone asked to see your diary, that's the best bet.

I have some tips, but I don't know what you are doing now. Increase lean protein and lower carbs. Try for a 3:1 ratio of protein to carbs. At the same time, lower fat content and sodium. Eat carbs (includes fruit & beans/legumes) to 40-50 calories during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Add a protein supplement/drink/powder to each meal as well.

Remember, weight loss is not instant. All that exercise does not show up for a week or two.

Don't give up, change things up! The definition of Insanity or frustration in this case: "Doing the same thing the same way and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Make a new plan and work it! You can do it!
  • boilerbabe69
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are struggling. I was fighting the same problem myself. Are you eating back your calories from exercise? I finally invested in a body media fit so I could see what I was really burning. That was 2 weeks ago since then I have lost 7 lbs. Don't give up keep trying things until you find the one solution that works for you. Opening your diary even if its just to your friends may give you a little more insight also. Good luck!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It is hard to say when I can not see your food/exercise diary. My two first thoughts are not enough calories and/or processed foods. Again, those are just common factors. Both (or neither) may apply.

What's your exercise? Cardio, strength or combo?
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    make sure to drink lots of water. Also if your working out 4-5 times a week then 1200 calories a day doesn't sounds like your getting enough! your body is probably going into starvation mode therefor your not losing weight. Say you need 1200 calories a day but you burn 500 calories from working out, then you should try eating 300 more calories to make up for it. but on days with no exercise eat 1200