Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Logging food

Do you log it as you go or plan ahead and put it all in at once?

Replies

• foxyninja398
    foxyninja398 Posts: 38 Member
    I log as I go.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,293 Member
    As I go. Oh. Wait. I don't log food any more. But in the past when I was actively losing, it didn't work for me to pre-log. I always changed my mind later. :laugh:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    All of the above - breakfast usually gets logged after I eat it, same with lunch. I like to pre log dinner if I know what I'm having, because then it helps me fill in the gaps with snacks during the day - more protein if needed, skip the Nutella if dinner is calorie heavy or whatever.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    I pre-log, either the night before or in the morning. I'll adjust as the day goes on, but it gives me a good idea of where I'm sitting on what I've planned to eat.
  • I log as I go
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    I try to plan most days, but its not my priority. Usually I plan Monday-Friday and the weekends, since I go out alot, just whatever comes up! :D
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    i make the next days lunch the night before, and log that and breakfast. I also log dinner if I know what i'm having, and a coffee and glass or two of wine as I know I'll have that. The rest is as I go and I never log right up just in case there are incidentals
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    I've done it both ways... doing it ahead/planning your day can help keep you on target.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    log the night before/morning so I have an idea of what space to wiggle I have... usually not much! Remember to log even the smallest things - teaspoon of sugar, teaspoon of oil when cooking - it all adds up!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    Pre-log during the week as I know what breakfast and lunch is and decide dinner sometime in the afternoon.

Weekends I do my best to log it before I eat it, to avoid nasty surprises.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    I log breakfast after I eat it because I change my mind about what I really want to eat. I log lunch and dinner as I am cooking it or deciding what to eat. If I have leftovers from dinner, I will log it for lunch. Either way is fine as long as you log it.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    I per-log basics and full I extras throughout the day.

Like for lunch I may prelog the tuna wrap, but decide at lunch what I want with it... Apple or carrots or almonds.. And that add to my log after I eat lunch.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    I always plan the night before for the entire following day, keeps me from making decisions last minute that might kick me off my plan.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I do a little bit of both. Earlier in the day I log as I go. Towards the end, I pre-log so I can figure out how much I can eat of whatever it is that I'm making or want and adjust as needed.
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    I pre-log the night before. Things always change a little (one protein for another and so on), but it helps me keep the macros balanced across each meal. I have insulin resistance and have to watch the glycemic load of each meal.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Lots of pre-loggers out there.I am as well.It keeps me honest
  • During the weekdays, when I work, I generally pre-log at the beginning of my day while I have breakfast at my desk. It helps me plan, and if I have a set plan when I go home, then I'm not likely to stray away from it.

On the weekends, I tend to log as I go.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Both. I try to log as much as I can ahead of time, especially during the week when I pack my lunch/snacks in the morning and already have dinner planned - but I try to leave a little wiggle room for an impromptu change in plans for dinner or an evening snack or something. Other than that, I log as I go.