Had to put my dog to sleep today

Options
qballjr13
qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
So we had to decide to put my dog to sleep. He was a 10 year old English Bulldog. We found out he had cancer so it all happened quickly. He was first dog and it was increadibly difficult! Just had to vent!

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry about your furry friend. Hugs!
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that. I think sometimes our animals become a part of our family and the bond is amazing. I hope your dog wasnt in pain and I know it doesnt help but you've done the right thing by him today, as sad as it is.

May you always have fond memories of him xx
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. We love our pets.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.:brokenheart: I lost my previous dog last May.:flowerforyou:
  • kslager77
    kslager77 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry! It is so hard to deal with putting a pet down.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I get upset just thinking about the day mine will die and she's only 1 year old! I am so sorry for your loss :(
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    :(:brokenheart:
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry....pets are family and losing one is incredibly difficult
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss :( At least, now he is in a better place. RIP
  • PReiss828
    PReiss828 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Having put down two St. Bernard's over the years, I know what you're going through...they ARE family.....thinking of you!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Definately an unfortunate event. I wish no one ever has to experience.

Having to see my beautiful Rosie pass in my arms was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. She deserved to have me there in her time of need though, just like she had been for all my worst times.

I wish you all the best and I am sure your dog lived an amazing life with an amazing owner.
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry :(
    he is somewhere watching for you now...
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    A few years back, we had to put our boxer down from cancer. I can relate. It's like losing a family member.

Hugs, prayers, and thoughts for you and your family.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling and I feel for you. I have been married to the same woman for 33+ years. We just recently had to let go of our 14 year old dog. Before that, our 12 year old Dalmatian, before that our 13 year old mutt. Each was difficult and there was some overlap with each dog..we always seemed to have two. We now are on our 4th dog and love her tons.

But still, we miss each furry buddy and they become family members. it is never easy, but it does get better over time. We are still smarting over our recent loss, but at least now we can say her name and not break down.

Good to vent and blessings to you and your home.
  • sabgirls5
    Options
    I'm really sorry...*HUGS*
  • Sisu77
    Options
    I am so sorry. I had to do that about 2 years ago. Hardest thing I had to do. But the greatest last gift we can give them. :cry: :brokenheart:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    The Rainbow Bridge is a beautiful thing.

I am so sorry to hear about your pup. The memories you've made together will last forever :)
  • amygher
    amygher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    so sorry to hear. it's never an easy decision, but you were there for him & he carries your love onward.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It's hard to lose one of your family members. Sorry to hear of your loss. Remember they are always in our memories :)