Exercise Routine Help.

I am new to this site and need help as to start an exercise routine. I'm very unhealthy realistically. I am 5'4 and weigh 233lbs. I need help to start an exercise and to over time build to it. I would need a great amount of help please. I think I'm going to get some dumbbells but I don't know what exercises to do with them... I just know to walk, push ups, and curl ups. That's really it besides jumping jacks, windmill, ect. Very little things.

Replies

• im sure you can find a bunch of relatively easy dumbbell workouts just by hopping on youtube. my first work with them that I thought was pretty great came from the mens health abs diet book of which im sure you can find a list of the moves online somewhere. id definitely pick some up, but you would be surprised how much you can do with just your own body.

jumping jacks are actually a really great start, and getting a jump rope would be a big help. you would be surprised how much of a fantastic workout you can get of just jumping lol.
  • goodnightpillow
    goodnightpillow Posts: 3 Member
    Good for you! If you are really out of shape and haven't exercised much almost anything works. I would recommend starting with something like Core Performance. This type of program will provide an excellent base for training in the years to come. This sort of program coupled with cardio is an excellent way to get into shape.

Below is a link to the book. Its not absolutely essential, but it does give really balanced, sane about nutrition and exercise
    http://www.amazon.com/Core-Performance-Essentials-Revolutionary-Nutrition/dp/1594866279/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

And here are some DVD's to guide you along:
    http://store.gofit.net/CORE-Performance-Essentials-Levels-1-amp-2-p/gf-ce2.htm

That's level 1 and 2 (it goes up to 4). All the exercises on the DVDs are also in the book, but sometimes its helpful to have someone cue you along.

The program was recommended to me by a doctor after a back surgery and a couple of knee scopes. It is excellent.

All the best, and keep posting!