What do you hoard?

Options
kelly_e_montana
kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
Do you hoard anything?

I've found as I've stopped having binges, I've started hoarding bath and body products (also candles). Most of them are Bath and Body Works, primarily because we don't have one within an hour of where I live so I buy stuff online in mass quantities or stock up when I am out of town for fear of no longer being able to obtain certain items. A few years ago, my hours were cut and I had to use basic soap and lotion for a while and I think I started stocking up in case of a rainy day, but now things are a little out of control. I think I have about 12 candles stocked up, and 40-50 each of bath and shower gel. This is getting crazy. I previously liked to buy lots of shirts to wear to work but now that I have to wear logo attire, that's out the window and I'm just fixating on fragrance items. I wonder if it's because, like food, they are an experience of the senses.

So, any hoarders? If so, what?

I also like books, but I guess that's socially acceptable. :smile:

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Workout equipment, weights, workout dvds, Curtains
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    Oh I can def see workout DVD's :)
  • Dina275
    Dina275 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    well it's good to have sustenance for when the zombies come:laugh:
  • Joey2283
    Options
    I am a complete candle *kitten*! The second thing I would consider "hoarding" (says the person in total denial) but a normal person would I guess, is NY Yankee Jerseys.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I hoard all of my grandfathers stuff, like his clothes, his shoes, his old VHS tapes...and other random things that my grandma gave me when he passed away. Once upon a time I kept all of my kids toys and clothes from when they were babies/toddlers.

My bf says I have hoarding tendencies but luckily he doesnt let me "hoard". He has me throw stuff away now and then. Although I'm not a messy hoarder, I'm an organized hoarder. I was bad at being emotionally attached to THINGS instead of just the memories. Over the last few months I have donated all of my kids old clothes and toys. I've only been able to give up a pair of my grandpas sneakers and his microwave.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't hoard in real life, but if I play Skyrim or other RPGs, I hoard and loot like crazy! I want to take all of the things!
  • AngelaKelly02
    AngelaKelly02 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Shoes, I can't help myself, I buy a new pair of heels nearly every time I'm near a shoe shop or I see a sale online. My poor credit card.
    :(
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Shoe boxes.

I've got like 25 shoe boxes in my room.

I dont know.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Dragon figurines
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    Books.
    Body wash.
    DvDs.
    Flip Flops.
    Girl's clothes (my daughter's, every time I see something cute, I have to buy it lol)
    Underwear&Socks (most girls have shoe fetishes, I have underwear and sock fetish lol)
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Fabric. Even fabric I now realize is horrendous I can't throw away. Because I may make a masterpiece out of it someday.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Bendy straws. I have no idea why, but every time I go to IKEA I buy a pack of them, apparently forgetting that I already have loads. I must have 800 bendy straws. Stocked for life.
  • QuietRain
    Options
    Yarn.. though I've been on a diet for that as well.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Shoe boxes.

I dont know.
    If its just the boxes and you want to get rid of them..you might think about calling an elementary school to see if they would be interested in them for diaramas/school projects
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The souls of the people I have crushed...
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    As I'm unemployed I've stopped hoarding makeup and other body care items and am using them up.

I am currently hoarding clean food. Weird I know - but I feel like because I'm unemployed food is something I can actually justify buying. But instead of eating tinned beans and spaghetti like everyone else that's broke I'm eating loads of healthy stuff and my credit card just can't take it anymore!

No one needs this much dried fruit, nuts and peanut butter......(or do they??!?)
  • missmarymcmcmc
    missmarymcmcmc Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Definitely bath and body products. They line my bathtub and every night I choose a different soap to use! I NEED them all! Also, lipstick! I usually have 8-10 different colors in my purse at all times, and I have no clue how many at home.
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Shoe boxes.

I dont know.
    If its just the boxes and you want to get rid of them..you might think about calling an elementary school to see if they would be interested in them for diaramas/school projects

I have a tendency to hoard boxes. Never know when you'll need one!

I finally thought that now my daughter has started school, art & craft projects will be fewer. So I chucked them all out two days ago. Today I get a note from the school "If you have any empty boxes..."

ARGH!
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I hoard anything my mother gives me....ever since my grandma died several years ago I have a fear of my mom dying (yes I have issues) but the problem is my mom sends me all kinds of crap....like soup in a whipped topping,,,well then I can't throw the stupid container away!