having troubles

Options
I am 24 years old, 5'3" 155 breastfeeding and 6 months post partum. I am on day 6 of level 3 of the 30 day shred. I keep my caloric intake around 1200. I get other exercise ....yoga, hiking, walking. I have definitely gained strenghth and what seems to be muscle but my weight is not changing at all. I know muscle weighs more than fat but i would have that i would have lost at least a few pounds in the past month.Before i started the shred i was just riding a bike and lost 5 pounds in a couple of weeks. I have kept those pounds off but have not lost anymore. Can anyone help me understand what im doing wrong? My goal weight is 125.

Replies

• kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I know someone else is going to chime in here...but you should be taking in more than 1200 if you're breastfeeding.
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sorry have to agree with the above poster - you aren't eating enough. If you weren't breast feeding then on days you work out you should be eating back your exercise calories but considering you are breast feeding then I think I read that you should be eating 500 cals more to account for that. I think you should get advice from a health professional about whether eating such low calories whilst breast feeding is a good idea.
  • mamalaluna
    mamalaluna Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So would 200
  • CMansager
    Options
    I agree that breastfeeding probably changes "caloric intake." I'm chiming in for a different part of your post: People hear this all the time. "Muscle weighs more than fat." No. It doesn't. Muscle and fat looks different on the body, but whether it is one or the other doesn't change the numbers on the scale. Working out and eating right WILL change your shape and drop pounds. You've only been doing this for 6 days. This is a lifestyle change, not a race. -Have you taken a measuring tape to your midgirth? (waist) to compare at the end of your month?) That might be a more accurate reflection of your progress. -Think of it like this: If you have a pound of feathers, and a pound of lead, which one weighs more? The answer: They are both a pound, they weigh the same, but you would have a lot more feathers (mass) than you would have of lead (smaller mass.) Every day is a new day. Keep up the good work, and don't beat yourself up! If you care enough to be here, you care enough to succeed. One day at a time.
  • mamalaluna
    Options
    I agree that breastfeeding probably changes "caloric intake." I'm chiming in for a different part of your post: People hear this all the time. "Muscle weighs more than fat." No. It doesn't. Muscle and fat looks different on the body, but whether it is one or the other doesn't change the numbers on the scale. Working out and eating right WILL change your shape and drop pounds. You've only been doing this for 6 days. This is a lifestyle change, not a race. -Have you taken a measuring tape to your midgirth? (waist) to compare at the end of your month?) That might be a more accurate reflection of your progress. -Think of it like this: If you have a pound of feathers, and a pound of lead, which one weighs more? The answer: They are both a pound, they weigh the same, but you would have a lot more feathers (mass) than you would have of lead (smaller mass.) Every day is a new day. Keep up the good work, and don't beat yourself up! If you care enough to be here, you care enough to succeed. One day at a time.

I am on day 6 of level 3 of the 30ds....therefore i am on day 24 of my shred and have been logging and doing other exercise since the beginning of january. I know it is a process but i would have thought i would be down at least a pound a week.
  • mamalaluna
    Options

I am on day 6 of level 3 of the 30ds....therefore i am on day 24 of my shred and have been logging and doing other exercise since the beginning of january. I know it is a process but i would have thought i would be down at least a pound a week.

I have definitely lost a good bit of inches and can see a big difference in my midsection.