hangover foods

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
what is your healthy hangover food? i am so used to eating bacon to cure my hangover, but i would like a healthier option!

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Plenty of water before & after drinking along with not getting insanely sloshed PREVENTS the hangover for me. I drank 5 beers at a party last Saturday night which may sound unimpressive, but I haven't drank that much in several years and I was totally sloppy drunk after 3 before I proceeded to drink 2 more. :laugh: I drank about 2.5 liters of water before going to sleep that night and woke up still drunk a couple of times but the next day I was hangover free.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Jasmine rice, cause it soaks up the tummy sickness. Since I stopped drinking for this diet, I haven't needed to eat it for anything other than food.
  • Kelseykim
    Kelseykim Posts: 19
    Options
    My favorite after drinking the night before is, I know it is not healthy, but I need fried eggs, bacon and sour dough toast with butter and jelly, it is a good thing I do not do that very often or my diet would be shot.
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Try to limit the drinks to prevent the hangover and save the calories. I know easier said than done. Have your heard of Chasers? Pills made from a bunch of herbs that you take throughout your drinking binge to prevent the hangover. I used to get horrible hangovers and Chasers are 4 for 4 in hangover prevention for me. The key is to remember to take them after a few drinks:drinker:
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    more drinking! Oh, wait you said healthy.... I got nothing.
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bananas & water (potassium in the bananas), water for the dehydration

Midol - it addresses most of the symptoms you have when hungover
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Either crawfish no tators no corn,or some hot as hell mexican food,and more beer!
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water, Gatorade, or crystal light plus some good old headache medicine! Sometimes I still go for the fried eggs and bacon and just watch what I eat the rest of the day so I stay under my goals! I have noticed I don't get as hungover now, I am thinking because I am drinking more water through out the day. Good luck!
  • SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I understand that you want a healthier hang over diet, but what I don't think you realise is alcohol is one of the fattest things you could have it is almost pure fat not only does it affect your liver but it puts on weight like theres no tomorrow, you should go eat a big mac instead that would have less calories than drinking alcohol itself....

Maybe lay of the alcohol and then you wont need a hangover food and you win twice as much !!!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink but when I do it's only a couple (and that's all it takes). I try to alternate, and drink a glass of water for every alcoholic beverage I drink. Then I eat something when I get home...
  • magickfiddle
    Options
    Vitamin B12 in food or fruit form. Don't try to take a supplement unless it's plant based food. I like to drink the healthy b-12 energy drinks or drink a super-juice (you know... from a MLM) to cure it. It's healthy and it tastes yummy. Not to mention that it really does help!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I understand that you want a healthier hang over diet, but what I don't think you realise is alcohol is one of the fattest things you could have it is almost pure fat not only does it affect your liver but it puts on weight like theres no tomorrow, you should go eat a big mac instead that would have less calories than drinking alcohol itself....

Maybe lay of the alcohol and then you wont need a hangover food and you win twice as much !!!

There is no actual fat (nor carbohydrates, nor protein) in distilled spirits.

The calories in spirits come purely from alcohol.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    This gross! But if you know youre gonna be sick, have some tea with sugar, I hate sugar drinks, but it' the best thing to taste when it's coming up! for real ...

Zero cure for hangovers here, Advil, that's about it! haha
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You're right ... that was gross!

vomit-smiley-31.gif
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B12 in food or fruit form. Don't try to take a supplement unless it's plant based food. I like to drink the healthy b-12 energy drinks or drink a super-juice (you know... from a MLM) to cure it. It's healthy and it tastes yummy. Not to mention that it really does help!

VEGEMITE!!!! 4 teaspoons before bed a long with some water means no hangover for me.

On my hangover days I am usually very hungry and eat a lot but I just try to make sure they are healthy things that I can eat a lot of without going crazy on cals ie. tuna, cottage cheese, fruit as opposed to bacon eggs and maccas :)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B & C and lots of water.

It used to be pierogies with lots of sour cream...mmmm
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I used to drink ALOT (in the not so distant past) and I found that the chugging of large amounts of water before during and after drinking helps immensely, but there trully is no "cure" for a hangover. Believe me, I tried every myth out there.

Seriously considering dropping the booze for awhile would be a really great idea! I stick to my healthy eating much better when I'm booze free. I used to get drunk and lose all reserve and go to town on the kitchen...eating everything that sounded remotely tasty, and some things that didn't :laugh: Aside from that, alcohol takes a real toll on your organs and sometimes can take up to 72 hours (depending on the binge) b4 you get it entirely out of your system. Anywho, not preachin, just sayin! :)

Good luck!
    ~Lauren
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think this is what the poster who said alcohol is just about the fattest thing you can ingest meant:

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/research/alcohol.htm

Not that it itself is fatty, but that your body pretty much converts it to fat, no questions asked!
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B & C and lots of water.

It used to be pierogies with lots of sour cream...mmmm

mmmmm pierogies and I don't even have ahangover:laugh: I haven't had them in sooo long.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would crave lemonaide!!