Half way to goal and STUCK. Any recomendations.

Options
I am halfway to my goal weight and have been stuck at a weight that has always given me grief. I have another 40 pounds to my goal weight.
Does anyone have any recommendations to break this rut.

Replies

• npetercmway
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I would just continue to keep at it. Maybe change up your exercise routine a little. It is very hard to know that you are doing the right things but no change is happening. I think that sometimes when there is a big loss our bodies get to the point that they need to "catch up" before continuing with the loss. (my uneducated opinion)

Hang in there!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Bit hard to help with no info.

Can you open up your diary and provide some stats?

Height
    Weight
    Calorie intake
    Exercise routine

etc?
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would make a new STRONG goal that will urge you on. Buy a dress a size or two smaller and set a date to wear it at a special occasion like a birthday or holiday and think about how great you'll look in it.

That worked for me and spurred me on past my 'sticking' point too!

Keep up the calorie logging on MFP and the weight will continue to drop but make sure you've got a strong goal to aim for!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Are you adjusting your calories to fit your bodyweight after the weight-loss?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!