Need motivation after 6 weeks on MFP & few results

Options
2»

Replies

• RomanaW
    RomanaW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. In my case the weight does not go down if I eat my exercise calories so I try not to eat any of those. That is the only way how my body starts losing weight.
  • oorkris
    oorkris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, have a flick through your diary for the past few weeks and look at your fat intake. Could you try balancing your diet out a bit better so that you are reducing your fat intake as well as counting calories?
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ditto about not eating back the exercise calories. Also when you are exercising check that you are sweating buckets and working at 70% MHR (maximum heart rate) so that you're burning a decent amount of calories.

I'm a similar height and lost a considerable amount of weight on 1,200 calories a day for months on end. If the weight doesn't shift again after a fortnight then you need to re-evaluate your new plan. Upping to 1,400 will work after some time. Also bear in mind your weight may not have shifted much as you will have built muscle by exercise.

I'd log your measurements in inches (at least bust, waist and hips) every fortnight as I expect this to have decreased even if your weight loss stats haven't moved much. Hope this helps!