Help! 10 Weeks Til my Wedding!

Options
Hi

I have been on a pre-wedding diet for just over a year now. It has been going really well until the last few weeks. I have been having about 1200 cals a day give or take a few and have been going to gym classes 4/5 times a week. I have lost about three stone in total (yay) and have about 7lbs left until I reach my target. The last few weeks my weight hasn't changed at all and I dont understand why! I eat a really balanced diet within the calorie limit and when I go to the gym I do spinning, combat, step and aerobic classes with freeweights every now and then to tone. I have tried to mix it up a bit with alternating classes and eating different foods but the weight just wont go!! I'm 5ft3 and weigh 9st 7. I have 10 weeks until my wedding and I really want to shift this last 7lbs.......help!!

Replies

• GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You have done really well, congratulations on what you have achieved so far.

I'm an inch shorter than you and my goal is to be 9.7, also due to get married in May this year.

You may well get some replies regarding the 1200 being too low for you and to mix it up a bit to get your body going again. I'm no expert so I cant comment on that, but from what you have written maybe your body is just happy with that weight?
    Have you measured yourself with a tape measure? Could it be the inches are changing?

I'm sure others will be along with much better advice than me.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    For an active young women, 1200 calories is too little. In fact, it's probably hurt your results because it's not enough to sustain muscle mass. If you have 10 weeks, I would start doing some heavy weight training, eat probably close to 1500-1600 calories and hope for some recomposition. But you can't expect much in 10 weeks. One short term fix though is to go very low carb the week before your weeding. Limit carbs to 50 -80g and eat high protein/fats. This will help deplete some water weight.
  • dannicooper
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. There has been so much contradictory advice on numbers of calories etc you should eat a day. Eating 1200 cals a day for the last year has really worked for me up until now. I'm really worried if I up my calories that I will put some weight back on and it's the last thing I want to do before my wedding especially after working so hard to lose it!
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Get enough sleep.
    Eat dinner at least 3 hours before bedtime.
    Cut out dairy 2-3 weeks before wedding so your face does not look puffy. You will be surprised to see difference in pictures.

Best wishes! I have 101 days till my wedding.

p.s. if you feel that you are eating good, and feeling that you do not have full & heavy stomach, then you might need to lay off the exerciser for few weeks before wedding and just eat lighter. Maybe do something like walking to still get some workout, depending on what you do during the day. I sit by the desk all day and have to go for a walk even on my exercise days off.
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being so close to your goal! It sounds like you are good on calories and exercise. My only thoughts would be to increase protein and drop the carbs. I know some may not like that answer, but it works.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. There has been so much contradictory advice on numbers of calories etc you should eat a day. Eating 1200 cals a day for the last year has really worked for me up until now. I'm really worried if I up my calories that I will put some weight back on and it's the last thing I want to do before my wedding especially after working so hard to lose it!

It's call metabolic adaptation. Continuously suppressing calories will cause your metabolism to adapt and make your body more efficient at burning less calories. Unfortunately, since it's been suppressed for so long, you will have to slowly increase calories, especially calories high in protein and fats. This way you reduce water increase. You can slowly add some calories but more importantly have a routine concentrated with heavy weight training and HIIT to ensure you get an EPOC effect. I personally would suggest bumping your calories to 1400-1500 and try to get around 30% carbs, 40% protein and 30% fats. Obviously, you are at a point of failure so you need to change it. And it's never too late to start eating better and training better.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Get enough sleep.
    Eat dinner at least 3 hours before bedtime.
    Cut out dairy 2-3 weeks before wedding so your face does not look puffy. You will be surprised to see difference in pictures.

Best wishes! I have 101 days till my wedding.

p.s. if you feel that you are eating good, and feeling that you do not have full & heavy stomach, then you might need to lay off the exerciser for few weeks before wedding and just eat lighter. Maybe do something like walking to still get some workout, depending on what you do during the day. I sit by the desk all day and have to go for a walk even on my exercise days off.

The highlighted ones that will not provide any benefit. There is not time restriction on eating food. And if you get puffy from dairy, it means you have an intolerance. If you don't have an intolerance, it will do zero for your looks.