Trying to lose weight I feel stuck

Options
I have been working out for 2 months and have even changed my eating habits. I eat around 1350 calories a day. Can someone pleses assist me................. help please I want to lose 20 pounds. I dont only want to lose weight I d also like to look lean. I m trying not to stress .

Thanks
Bebegettingtheweightoff :sad:

Replies

• swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If you're only trying to lose 20, make sure you're eating enough calories- set your goal to lose 1/2 lb a week and see how many calories MFP gives you.

In order to look more lean, try to make sure you're lifting weights! Helps with toning, and the only way you'll bulk up (as a woman) is if you're eating a crazy amount of protein (while eating at or above maintenance level for calories) and getting extra testosterone somewhere (which is unlikely).
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i too only had 20 lbs to lose ad it took me a YEAR! it was around 2.5 month mark was when i finally seen the scale move down a few lbs, and only a few lbs! I only lost 0.5-1.5 lbs max a month ever but at least it was consistent! Don't give up, keep doing what you are doing and you will get there... i wanted to give up so many times but i am so glad that i didn't. I now am 24 bs lighter, and went from a juniors size 11 to a 3.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    HOLD THE F*CKING PHONE!!! You feel stuck? Well good job that's what we're here for!!!!

Firstly, what do you mean changed your eating habits?
    I used to eat Burger king but now I eat mcdonads!!! Thats me changing my eating habits but it's still bad for weight loss!!!

Make sure you're getting plenty of greens and fruits!!!!

that low-fat sh1t you buy in stores isn't the best either, mostly full of sugar and carbs which are even worse!!!!

Stay away from DIET SODAS and that rubbish, they're full of dog-*kitten* too!! sugar replacements and chemicals!!!!!

i hope to *kitten* you're drinking water by the damn gallon because hydration is the key to shifitng weight!!!
    who'd have the thought the key losing weight comes out a tap in your own KITCHEN!!!???

BELIEVE IT BABY!!!

Boom!
  • bebegettingtheweightoff
    Options
    Thanks I do want to give up sometime but I keep moving right along, sometime I feel like Im wasting my time. I do mix cardio and strength training and if I dont get to the gym I do 30DS. I will go into my settings too thanks for letting me know about protein I dont want to bulk up
    Options
    Thanks Tricksee! lol that was funny cause Im weak over here cause I TOTALLY HERE YOU! GOTCHA :laugh:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i also am trying to get more protein in, i watch my sodium and i also do 30ds :)
  • TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    20lbs is not alot and is very hard to get rid of. Just be patient sometimes the body's natural responce to working out is to gain weight aka muscle and then you will start to lose weight. Yes lift weights I was drug with to go lift weights with my boss when I was active duty and I lift weights in high school. I also lift weights now and nowhere have I gotten bulky. In fact it has helped keep me from gaining massive amounts of fat.
  • eloisemonteiro
    eloisemonteiro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    20lbs is not alot and is very hard to get rid of. Just be patient sometimes the body's natural responce to working out is to gain weight aka muscle and then you will start to lose weight. Yes lift weights I was drug with to go lift weights with my boss when I was active duty and I lift weights in high school. I also lift weights now and nowhere have I gotten bulky. In fact it has helped keep me from gaining massive amounts of fat.

Start to focus on nutrients... since I increased my calories intake , started weight lifting and focus on nutrients not so much on calories, I barely see a different in my scale but I def see in my body ;)
    Options
    :happy: Thanks I will try that!
  • eloisemonteiro
    eloisemonteiro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thanks I will try that!

Of course, try to stick into your daily calories, but I mean: if I over eat 200 calories, but 200 calories of fruits, nuts or something healthy I dont allowed myself to freak out, anymore lol, you know what I mean? :)
  • chantey16
    chantey16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    when you are near to goal weight, you need to start eating more. it is better to try lose about half a pound a week at that weight, so all that is needed is a 250 calorie deficit. so, if you are burning say 2000 calories a day, eat 1750. you need to do it slow and steady for the last few pounds or you will end up losing lean mass and be 'skinny fat' :( lol