water water water

Options
does it really help you lose weight or is it just to keep you peeing?

Replies

• clodsb
    clodsb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Would love to see some answers to this, as I don't have a clue either!
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am a bit of a Dax Moy fan and this is what he says:

Drink plenty of filtered water. Water aids digestion and can help reduce hunger cravings. Dax Moy the UK’s leading fitness professional has discovered ideally for every 50 pounds of body weight, consume at least a litre of water. Add a fraction of sea salt to help your body absorb the water more efficiently. Water will help to flush out toxins out of your system.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yes, it rids your body of toxins.
  • clodsb
    Options
    I am a bit of a Dax Moy fan and this is what he says:

Drink plenty of filtered water. Water aids digestion and can help reduce hunger cravings. Dax Moy the UK’s leading fitness professional has discovered ideally for every 50 pounds of body weight, consume at least a litre of water. Add a fraction of sea salt to help your body absorb the water more efficiently. Water will help to flush out toxins out of your system.

What's a fraction? Like a pinch to one glass?
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    yes, it rids your body of toxins.

Only the water soluble ones, amirite?
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Found this too. Apparently the sea salt helps to absorb the water more so you don't pee as often :)

Drink More Water

The human body is supposed to be over 70% water, yet an increasing number of us suffer chronic, long-term dehydration due to the over-consumption of tea, coffee, sodas and sugar-dense juices that not only don’t serve to create the fluid base our bodies need, but actually take water OUT of the body in their processing.

This is a BIG problem as every single hormonal, metabolic and digestive function in your body is dependent upon the liquidity of your blood. As you dehydrate you change literally everything about how your body works and, regardless of the quality of the foods you’re eating, are unable to extract the nutrients or create and use the hormones so vital to not only your fatloss but your overall health too.

By being dehydrated you are literally keeping yourself from losing fat and, of course, from operating your body at its full potential, leading not only to fat gain but also aches, pains, ulcers, arthritis and much, much more.

The solution?

Should be obvious… drink more water!

How much?

Try consuming about 1 litre of water for every 50lbs of bodyweight and you’ll be on the right track. You may find it makes you pee a bit more than usual at first so try putting a tiny pinch of sea salt in there (you shouldn’t be able to taste it) and you’ll find that you won’t spend all day rushing to the toilet.

Make no mistake, this is perhaps THE most important step you could take toward improving both your health AND your ability to lose fat. Just this one step alone could see you losing 3-5 EXTRA pounds this week if you commit to it… and could cost you time, effort, money and years of frustration if you don’t.

It’s amazing that the simplest and fastest ways of getting into great shape and keeping ourselves amazingly health are usually ignored while we look for the ‘magic bullet’ that will (supposedly) have the fat melting off of us.

Well, search no more. Take a glass, fill it with water, drink then look and feel and perform better.

It IS that simple.

Try it for yourself then feed back to me how it affects you and what results you gain, ok?

To your success!

Dax Moy

As for how much, I don't really know.. I was putting a pinch in each glass. If you can taste it, then you've put it in too much.
  • acceber88
    acceber88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would be quite interested to know whether it really helps with weight loss...

To be honest though, I find drinking 2 litres of pure unadulterated water a day leaves my skin looking good, my stomach feeling fuller and my brain feeling sharper. If it does actually help my weight loss to, well that's a bonus!
  • wolfelements
    wolfelements Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I always feel fuller if I drink water, which means less random snacking on my part.

But isn't the whole point to be healthy? It flushes out the system, removes toxins, all that jazz. So, more water should be a priority.

Heaven above, I need to listen to myself. I do not drink enough water.
  • ladycoy
    ladycoy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ok so, i need to drink 3 litres a day, i really wouldnt be able to cope i struggle at 1. i feel an experiment coming on, here goes, from tomorrow, i am gonna try drink 2litres a day, as a compromise, will report findings to this post :-)
  • acceber88
    acceber88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have found 2 litres surprisingly easy. Each morning I fill a 2 litre bottle up from the tap and as long as it's gone as my head hits the pillow at night, job's a good 'un :) You'll be wee-ing like mad though, haha!
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have drank water for yrs..mostly just water for drink..it never help me lose anything...because I just recently learned my sodium intake was way too much soo therefore I wa NOT ridding of any fluid or toxins..LOL I drink it because it quenches my thirst..I drank alot of diet cokes when in high school..ackkkkkkkkkkk. not good for me:)
  • ladycoy
    Options
  • Dawnomite
    Dawnomite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have good luck getting my water intake by using a large cup (24oz) with a straw. Good luck tomorrow!! Drink drink drink!!
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i usually drink atleast 3 L of water, sometimes i add an orange / lemon (freshly squeezed) juice in it, but i allways drink that much...

just in the morning (before breakfast) i drink .2l of lemon + orange juice, on that .3l water, plus .2 green tea, then i when i eat i have .2 peppermint tea or another green tea plus atleast .2 of water....yes indeed, i pee all the tiome if that was your thought hahahah
  • ladycoy
    Options
    I think i have turned into a water balloon!
  • theWinchester
    theWinchester Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I never was a big water drinker until I /forced/ myself to drink tea as my main liquid intake, now I simple can't imagine functioning without it, speaking of, I'm going to get a glass now :tongue:
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It help you stay hydrated and for me it helps cause if I am drinking water ( I carry a 32 oz bottle with me everywhere) I am not tempted to buy something to drink - which would 100% of the time be Mt Dew, which I still drink but limit to 1 20oz a day and usually only on the days I am working. It also help if I am contemplating if I am hungry or not most often I am thirsty and drinking something helps verses just eating cause I think I am hungry
  • Katey_Gabbitas
    Katey_Gabbitas Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I drink between 2 and 3 liters of water every day, its cleared my skin up and definately makes me feel more full between meals. I find if i sleep too late on a weekend and dont have any water for the 9 hours i am asleep i wake up with a headache! Feels like a hangover :(
  • clodsb
    Options
    I drink between 2 and 3 liters of water every day, its cleared my skin up and definately makes me feel more full between meals. I find if i sleep too late on a weekend and dont have any water for the 9 hours i am asleep i wake up with a headache! Feels like a hangover :(

I get that too, but never really made the connection I always drink between 2 and 3 litres a day have done for years now,

I been reading up on this loads since last nights original post, and it's seems a fair few scientists say that it helps the metabolism work faster and also it breaks down fat and flushes it out, as well as the obvious filling you up healthier skin etc..

But it did also say if you eat a high friut/veg diet you don't need to drink as much, and some of the sites said the water from food is better than actually drinking so get your fruit and veg intake up!