How Old??

Options
mello
mello Posts: 817 Member
It's slowed up here at work...had a few min's and was just wondering...how old were you ladies when you had your first baby?

I'm 34, have had miscarriages, trying to lose the weight for health reasons and to attempt a healthy pregnancy since there seems to be nothing wrong with anyone's "machinery"...i'm just starting to get this feeling that baby wise....I'm OLD!!!! I have friends my age who's children are in high school!!!!!!!!

Replies

• mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It's slowed up here at work...had a few min's and was just wondering...how old were you ladies when you had your first baby?

I'm 34, have had miscarriages, trying to lose the weight for health reasons and to attempt a healthy pregnancy since there seems to be nothing wrong with anyone's "machinery"...i'm just starting to get this feeling that baby wise....I'm OLD!!!! I have friends my age who's children are in high school!!!!!!!!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    17 yrs old, 19 yrs old, then 24 yrs old
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I had my baby when I was 30 (she is now 6). I have noticed though that more and more women are waiting and are having babies up and into their 40s......so you have plenty of time!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    you are not old--my mom had me when she was 35 and that was 28 years ago and science has really progressed since then

i was 22 with my first and 26 with 2nd
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Well, I am almost 30 and no kids yet... Weight has been my biggest issue, so I am hoping this will help. I am the only one out of the 7 of us from highschool that dont have any kids.. some had them our senior year and and then on from there.. I have been completely Jealous until now of them.. I look at it this way, EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON, and PATIENCE IS VIRTUE.. it will come to you..and me as well some day.. as long as we take care of ourselfs.....:bigsmile: Keep on loosin baby!!!! :bigsmile:
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    First one at 31, second one at 34.:happy:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I had my first baby at 18..second at 21.. or did I turn 22... gosh I can't remember now.. wow...
  • darlenebull
    Options
    I had my first baby at 32, my second at 34, my third at 36, and my fourth at 42. I was in better shape for the last one and it was my easiest pregnancy.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    22.. lol... i was 22 with my second one.. I don't know WHY I couldn't remember that at first!.. anyways I don't think you are old at all!! I used to watch a little boy.. who his mom was 41 when she got pregnant with him.. My sister just had a baby and she is your age..and her husband is in his fifties with grown children.. So I think age is just a number..it's how you feel that matters!! Some moms have a ton of energy for their little ones.. even later in life.. others could be in their 20's and barely keep up! So I really don't buy into the whole age thing. I dont know about being an older mom but I know it was and sometimes still is..hard being a young mom.. All my kids friends parents are much older than me..so sometimes it just feels..weird.. you know? Especially my 10 yr old..because all the other moms are in their late 30's or early 40's.. so the only thing we have in common are our kids!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

I'm 29 and no kids yet....although I haven't been trying, I am worried that by the time I get engaged, get married and then start trying....well let's just say I feel your pain somewhat. I also worry about "what if I have problems getting pregnant". I guess we cannot worry about the what-if's, just live in the moment. Think of it this way, it's better to have a baby now that you're more mature, probably more financially secure and will be in better health for your baby than had it just happaned unexpectedly when you were younger.

I sometimes feels pangs of envy for my cousin who is two years younger than me and has a six year old and has been married for just as long....but then I realize that she may be envious of me. Up until this year I lived alone, could come and go as I pleased, eat cereal for dinner and not to dishes or laundry for days on end if I didn't want to....appreciate the good things you have now, because despite how badly you want a baby, I am sure you'll miss some of the freedom you have now. Good luck!
  • Sherona
    Sherona Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am 28 years old and i still have not had a baby yet. Every few years or so i get that " I WANT A BABY FEELING'. I have it now. LOL! My fiance says we can start trying next year becasue i told him i want to be at least pregnant before i am 30. In hindsight i am happy i dont have a baby right now (career wise) but definetly i want one next year.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I was 20 when I had Skylier, I am now 27, 28 in August and hubby and I are gonna try for #2
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Had my first baby at 20, second at 23, third 26. I'm now 28. Guess its time for another one if Im going to stay on schedule...LOL
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I had my first at 16 and my second at 25. Your not too old, just get healthy and stay fit and you will have plenty of energy to keep up with them!
    I don't think my mom had me until she was the age I am now and i already have a 12 year old! She was always very active with us and had tons of energy, coaching all of our sports teams and hauling us back and forth to all of our events. I still think she's super woman but who doesn't think that about their mom!! lol :happy:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    I was 35 for my first and 37 for my second. All was good and relatively easy. Our daughter was almost a month early and I had her only 4 minutes after the doctor arrived!! Now she's always late!! I guess that's how it goes. I also had a miscarriages before and between my two and am very grateful for them. I always say that if my daughter was first she would be an only child!! I appreciate her high spirit and mischievious ways but there have been times.....
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have kids yet, but I plan on having 2 kids about a year and a half apart and i want to have my first on at age 23.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I am 28 years old and i still have not had a baby yet. Every few years or so i get that " I WANT A BABY FEELING'. I have it now. LOL! My fiance says we can start trying next year becasue i told him i want to be at least pregnant before i am 30. In hindsight i am happy i dont have a baby right now (career wise) but definetly i want one next year.

I have the same "I want to have kids" feeling every once in a while. But I know that right now wouldn't be the best idea. Besides, the best things come in forms of acciedents!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Had my first at 24 and second at 27. My goal was to be done by the time I was 30, so I guess I made it! Wouldn't have minded a third one, but hubby was done and after a couple of years with my youngest, I decided 2 was just right :laugh:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    For my first I was eighteen, second I was twenty five and my most recent I'm thirty one.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I was 16 (this teenage mom did not quit High School Graduated with class) when I had my first and 23 when I had my second.