Free stationary bike exercise videos

Options
I use them every morning. They take your mind off the bike.

http://www.youtube.com/user/virtualexercise/videos?flow=grid&view=0

Replies

• kenduerden
    Options
    bump
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    If I could figure out how to get my laptop set up near my stationary bike this would be fantastic!
    I'll have to work on that.
    Thanks for posting this! It does get boring. I usually just turn on the TV in the other room and can see it from my bike.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I rarely use my stationary bike because it's so boring, but I might give these a go. Thank you for the link!
  • kenduerden
    Options
    I make these videos for my wife and I to use. I download them onto my Ipad and that just sits on my bike in front of the display. They really do make a difference and I posted the link as a way of giving back to this community.

Whilst I set the videos to play on all devices the music owners prevent them being used on mobile devices or tv sets. There is a way round this though if your a little technically minded.

To do this download the Firefox web browser.
    Install one of the many add-ons that allow you to download from youtube.
    Download the videos
    Sync them to your Ipad

They play much better and its much easier to get that near your bike. For a real feeling of being there play them on Apple TV on your large screen TV.

I tend to post a new video every month or so.
  • kenduerden
    Options
    bump
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oh awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • kenduerden
    Options
    bump
  • kenduerden
    Options
    bump
  • kenduerden
    Options
    Bump
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kenduerden
    Options
    New video added. High Intensity Training (HIT) for stationary bikes or treadmills. I have been using this for the last few days and its making a real difference to my fitness.

Research has shown that doing very short bouts of high intensity training offers most of the benefits of long exercise sessions. Source BBC 'The Truth About Exercise' 30/1/2013.

The new video takes only 12 minutes, does not leave you all sweaty and is very quick to do. My wife loves this form of exercise and so do I.

CAUTION.

Not for people with pre-existing medical conditions.
    Consult your doctor before use.
    Do not exceed your capabilities.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump :-)
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.

These are awesome!
  • kenduerden
    Options
    Playing on Ipad/Iphone - Update.

The official Youtube player on ios devices refuse to play my videos. There is an alternative player that will play them all which I discovered by accident today. They do take a few seconds to get going but once they start they play well.

The app is called Youplayer.

I have no connection with the producer of this app but it may be the answer for those who like me want to play the videos on their Ipad whilst on the bike.
  • kenduerden
    Options
    Bump
  • loriconant
    loriconant Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • changejen2013
    Options
    WOW, cool! I never thought of using these types of videos. Traditionally I would just watch biggest loser episodes.
    NICE, great video ideas. Thanks for everyone and their bumping, it paid off for me!
  • kenduerden
    Options
    Bump
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Agree that 12 minutes of hard exercise does provide good work out but not same as 100 minutes of hard exercise.
    Watch feature films to distract me
    Enjoyed crossing the desert with Lawrence of Arabia the other day
    Watched Might Boosh series 3 episodes 1-4
    for hard work out try The Matrix seems to have violent scene whenever I am thinking about quitting

btw a year ago was happy to do 20 minutes on bike

Best
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed crossing the desert with Lawrence of Arabia the other day

a bit hot tho!!! :bigsmile:
    and i cant really see dambusters working lol :laugh: