Chocolate Mug Cake - 2 WW points takes 2 minutes to make!

Options

Replies

• elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    Wow, this is the coolest recipe. I'm going to make these for our family night treat with my kids. I just made me one and YUM!! They're going to love it and best of all, I just found my new "healthy" chocolate obsession. Thanks for the recipe.:love:
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Or keep it in the mug and add a spoonful of ice cream :drinker:
  • mooselady2004
    mooselady2004 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    save
  • jlj1121
    jlj1121 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just made this and it did taste like "diet cake" but I used sun crystals as the sweetener and find that I just can't get past the aftertaste. I ate it anyway - can't let good chocolate go to waste....:embarassed: Other than that, I was very happy with the prep time and the consistency - I will use Equal or Splenda next time which should do the trick!
  • ChrystalF
    ChrystalF Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yummmmm...going to have to try this one
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Or keep it in the mug and add a spoonful of ice cream :drinker:

Or Cool Whip Free!!!! :heart:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Bump:

Thanks

Cindy
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much veggie head! Great name btw :)

Also to the comment below yours, great idea to add ice cream. If you want even lower cal, adding a tbsp or even 2 of light whipped cream would be great for only another 30 calories or so.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I could have used this a couple days ago when I was dying for a little something sweet.
    Thanks for sharing, will be trying it this weekend.
  • AmyToria
    AmyToria Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm gunna go make one now. Im excited :) xx
  • smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    Sounds great. Can't wait to try it. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    bump
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have made this twice now. The first time I added vanilla essence to give it some more flavour. The second time I used some orange zest and orange essence. I also squeezes in a bit of the orange juice. It was much better. Much more moist and didn't taste diet at all! My hubby even liked it! I am going to try it with a bit of coffee next time and maybe some coffee beans. I really like to experiment with recipes and make them my own. :smile:
  • tzipporah
    tzipporah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    delicious! bump
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    Yum! Thanks!!
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i told my brother about this and he made it but he said you have to eat it fast otherwise it isnt as tasty. he made another one with sugar instead of sweetener and with 1 square of dark chocolate in it and then put it in a bowl with a scoop of ben and jerrys cookie dough. and he said it was delish (hes a chef so he tries things for me then he invites me round and makes it for me) but i think my boyfriend bought some ben and jerrys cookie dough the other day so i might make it myself tomorrow. gotta eat those exercise cals.
    thanks btw :D
  • savannah63
    savannah63 Posts: 15
    Options
    :wink: another variation the mug cake: COFFEE MUG CAKE: 1 large coffee mug
    4 T flour
    4 T sugar
    2 T baking cocoa
    1 egg
    3 T milk
    3T oil
    3 T chocolate chips tiny splash of vanilla flavoring
    Mix egg, milk, oil. Stir GOOD. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa: add to liquids, stir GOOD... Add chips and vanilla...microwave for 3 min.

I t is my understanding that the original recipe was started when some folks were evacuated or something, due to storm or some EVENT...and they came up with this recipe using the ingredients and microwave that they had access to! I tried this recipe and its good!
  • savannah63
    savannah63 Posts: 15
    Options
    :wink: another variation the mug cake: COFFEE MUG CAKE: 1 large coffee mug
    4 T flour
    4 T sugar
    2 T baking cocoa
    1 egg
    3 T milk
    3T oil
    3 T chocolate chips tiny splash of vanilla flavoring
    Mix egg, milk, oil. Stir GOOD. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa: add to liquids, stir GOOD... Add chips and vanilla...microwave for 3 min.

I t is my understanding that the original recipe was started when some folks were evacuated or something, due to storm or some EVENT...and they came up with this recipe using the ingredients and microwave that they had access to! I tried this recipe and its good!