Help with Food Ideas

Options
I am a pretty picky eater and I'm trying to find foods that I can eat. I'm looking for foods on the lower carb end. I have a list of stuff I eat but after a month, I'm pretty bored with it... any suggestions?

Here's what I'm eating:

Hamburger
Turkey
Salmon
Shrimp
Eggs
Greek yogurt
Almonds
Walnuts
Mushrooms
Celery
Cucumbers
Squash
Spinach
Snow peas
Protein shake

Replies

• meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you don't like cheese or chicken? I don't see either of those on the list. I am such a chicken breast junkie, but it can get boring so I've searched for lots of recipes and ways to fix it to keep some variety. Pinterest has a lot of good chicken recipes, as does skinnytaste.com. The skinnytaste site is based on weight watchers points, so a lot of the recipes are designed to be lower in fat/carbs and higher in protein.

You said you're picky, but you might try some different recipes that are outside of your comfort zone. You might be surprised!
  • amy_lynn_522
    amy_lynn_522 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of chicken - eating it all the time I just forgot to put it on the list.

Not much of a cheese fan, no. I'll eat cheese mixed with my eggs, but that's about it.

Thanks for the sites - I'll check them out!
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Coconut chicken/shrimp
    A few eggs, ground meat & veggies scrambled all together. I could eat this every day & so many variations you can do while incorporating all your macros.
    Canned tuna/salmon turned into tuna/salmon cakes. Use almond flour to bind it with egg.
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Our grocery list is a lot alike. Maybe you would like some of our weekly recipe dishes.

turkey enchilada recipe....ground turkey, 1 pk FF Cream Cheese, 1 pk frozen spinich, 1 pk low sodium taco seasoning, tortillas and shredded mexican flavor cheese.

I have a salmon recipe........1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce...marinate 40 minutes and broil.

Turkey Meatloaf.....2 lb lean turkey, 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs seasoned, 1 can of 98% FF cream of mushroom, 1 pk of low sodium Beefy Onion dry soup. Cover with 4 TBS of Yellow Mustard. Bake at 375 for approx 1 hour.

Tilapia recipe.....Use olive oil cooking spray on a baking dish, put frozen tilapia on dish and squirt lemon juice and lime juice all over your fish, lightly salt, add garlic powder then approx. 1tsp of romano cheese to each fish bake at 410 for 25 minutes.

Skinless boneless chicken breast recipe....cut 4 breasts in half. lay on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. lightly salt and then add Canadian Chicken Spice ( huge jar is about $8 at Sam's but is worth it, lasts forever ) then add 1tsp of parmasean cheese to each piece. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.

Turkey Recipe......1.5 lb of lean turkey, 1can drained and rinsed light red kidney beans and 1 can of great northern beans also drained and rinsed. 1 big can of unsalted diced tomatos, 1 pack of Great Value mild chili mix. Add FF sour cream and mexican cheese if you like.

HoneyCorn Muffin recipe to go with Chili...........1 cup flour, 1 cup corn meal, 1tbs baking powder, 1 cup skim milk, 3 tbs of eggwhites, 1/4 cup of honey, 1/2 cup of smart balance butter. Bake at 400F

PS

My oven is ancient and cooking time may be different for you.
  • amy_lynn_522
    amy_lynn_522 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Our grocery list is a lot alike. Maybe you would like some of our weekly recipe dishes.

turkey enchilada recipe....ground turkey, 1 pk FF Cream Cheese, 1 pk frozen spinich, 1 pk low sodium taco seasoning, tortillas and shredded mexican flavor cheese.

I have a salmon recipe........1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce...marinate 40 minutes and broil.

Turkey Meatloaf.....2 lb lean turkey, 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs seasoned, 1 can of 98% FF cream of mushroom, 1 pk of low sodium Beefy Onion dry soup. Cover with 4 TBS of Yellow Mustard. Bake at 375 for approx 1 hour.

Tilapia recipe.....Use olive oil cooking spray on a baking dish, put frozen tilapia on dish and squirt lemon juice and lime juice all over your fish, lightly salt, add garlic powder then approx. 1tsp of romano cheese to each fish bake at 410 for 25 minutes.

Skinless boneless chicken breast recipe....cut 4 breasts in half. lay on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. lightly salt and then add Canadian Chicken Spice ( huge jar is about $8 at Sam's but is worth it, lasts forever ) then add 1tsp of parmasean cheese to each piece. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.

Turkey Recipe......1.5 lb of lean turkey, 1can drained and rinsed light red kidney beans and 1 can of great northern beans also drained and rinsed. 1 big can of unsalted diced tomatos, 1 pack of Great Value mild chili mix. Add FF sour cream and mexican cheese if you like.

HoneyCorn Muffin recipe to go with Chili...........1 cup flour, 1 cup corn meal, 1tbs baking powder, 1 cup skim milk, 3 tbs of eggwhites, 1/4 cup of honey, 1/2 cup of smart balance butter. Bake at 400F

PS

My oven is ancient and cooking time may be different for you.

Thank you for the recipes - the meatloaf sounds delish!