Accepting compliments!

Options
So I've been wondering. When you compliment a girl, do you (guys) think she should say "no way!" or something humble and shy like that, or smile confidently and say "thank you!"or is that a little too cocky?
I was the type 1 all my life and some people told me that it's super annoying.
So what do ya think?
:)

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Nothing worse than having a compliment thrown back in your face! especially when you really mean it!!

A smile and "Aw thanks thats sweet" would make the compliment worth giving!!

boom!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    she must be thankful!!! men dont just throw out compliments randomly ... i know i dont , only when she/he deserves credit where its due ill give a compliment
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    "Thank you" is always appropriate. Compliments are gifts and should be simply accepted and enjoyed.
  • Seachicken84
    Seachicken84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nothing worse than having a compliment thrown back in your face! especially when you really mean it!!

boom!

I second that Boom
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I've always wonders this I can't accept compliments but I started learning to say yes to my boy because I'd always throw it back at him he stopped doing that an it's even worse no compliments at all ahha x
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

boom!

^^ What he said ... Unless you really don't want to talk to the guy, then just say whatever comes to mind ;)
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would say 'thank you." Even if I don't believe the person, it was nice of them to voice their positive opinion!
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    So I've been wondering. When you compliment a girl, do you (guys) think she should say "no way!" or something humble and shy like that, or smile confidently and say "thank you!"or is that a little too cocky?
    I was the type 1 all my life and some people told me that it's super annoying.
    So what do ya think?
    :)

I used to be the first type too (out of shyness rather than meaning to be rude) until I realised that it probably wasn't pleasant for the person giving the compliment to get that sort of response. Now I smile and simply say "thank-you" (not in an over confidently way) and I'll do the same even if I don't think the person giving the compliment is necessarily right.
  • ktd513
    ktd513 Posts: 32
    Options
    i think sometimes its hard to know if its genuine or not... and we are our own worst enemies! i know i have a hard time excepting compliments and i'm not a quiet person by any means but i get shy and blush... and say thank you