How Old??

Options

Replies

• age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I was 31. But I know what you mean. I'm now 34 and keep thinking I need to rush to have a second one. But really we are still young. I have noticed a lot of young moms on here it doesn't help the feeling old factor:laugh:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I see lots of varied ages from really young to my age and a little older.

Thanks for the encouragement:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I guess I need to quit reading stuff, I read all this information regarding the percentage of birth defects doubling after 35 etc.....and I worry.

The up side is hubby and I have been able to establish a nice strong relationship in the 10 yrs we have been married, we've really enjoyed each other and life...(that's how I got here in the first place...eating out tooooo much!!! *grin*)
  • jann1281
    jann1281 Posts: 6
    Options
    i was 20 when i had my first, 22 when i had my second.

at 34, you are still a young woman. when i was younger, one of my friends moms kept having miscarriages. it wasn't until she was around 37 that she finally had her first child. and within the next ten or so years, she managed to have three more. and she kept going strong through all of it. you will have your turn one day...and when you do, all hell will break loose...so enjoy the time you have.

LML79 and i have the same (exact opposite) problem. being a young mom is tricky. all of my son's, friend's, moms are (on average) ten years older than me. huge social differences. they are all so nice to me, but we can't hang out and relate to one another because we are at completely different points in our lives.

it will happen for ya!! :flowerforyou:
  • mello
    Options
    i was 20 when i had my first, 22 when i had my second.

at 34, you are still a young woman. when i was younger, one of my friends moms kept having miscarriages. it wasn't until she was around 37 that she finally had her first child. and within the next ten or so years, she managed to have three more. and she kept going strong through all of it. you will have your turn one day...and when you do, all hell will break loose...so enjoy the time you have.

LML79 and i have the same (exact opposite) problem. being a young mom is tricky. all of my son's, friend's, moms are (on average) ten years older than me. huge social differences. they are all so nice to me, but we can't hang out and relate to one another because we are at completely different points in our lives.

it will happen for ya!! :flowerforyou:

And I was worried about the exact opposite, looking like the "grandma" at the t-ball practice!!! :laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    21 & 26
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    26 and I want more!
    It sure aint gonna happen at this rate.:ohwell:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    You aren't old at all. You doing right by taking care of yourself first, it will make your pregnancy a little easier.
    I was 31 with 1st and 33 with second.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I was 20 when I had my first baby and 32 when I had my second.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You aren't old at all. You doing right by taking care of yourself first, it will make your pregnancy a little easier.
    I was 31 with 1st and 33 with second.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hey Twin!

I was 33 when mine was born too. Surprised??? :laugh:

Once I turn you into a wino, there will be no differences between us! th_2.gif
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I was 32 when I had my son.

I was also 255 at my first pre-natal appointment! I was very overweight but I had a healthy pregnancy anyway. I was still active and healthy in how I ate, etc. Yes, it is generally better to start out at a healthier weight but it's not completely impossible to be heavy and have a healthy pregnancy too.

It's amazing, we are planning to start trying for baby #2 around Sept/Oct....it will be interesting to see how different it is to be pregnant having lost so much weight now!
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    Options
    I was 18, 22, and 24...But I had a coworker who is in her early fifties and her second child is just in junior high she didn't have hers until her mid to late thirties and she started off with losing the first pregnancy. Many women are having babies much later and seem to be ok doing so, good luck to you!!
  • mello
    Options

I was also 255 at my first pre-natal appointment! I was very overweight but I had a healthy pregnancy anyway. I was still active and healthy in how I ate, etc. Yes, it is generally better to start out at a healthier weight but it's not completely impossible to be heavy and have a healthy pregnancy too.

It's amazing, we are planning to start trying for baby #2 around Sept/Oct....it will be interesting to see how different it is to be pregnant having lost so much weight now!

THANK YOU for that, my doc ordered me to do what I could between now and the end of the year, then he would evaluate my health...blood pressure, blood glucose levels etc.....and see where we stand. But that left me thinking, I won't be in a healthy weight range.....we'll just have to see what transpires. Did you have him naturally?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    My mom was 42 when she had me! :noway:

No kids myself though
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    good luck!!!! I had my son 2 mths after I turned 32....he's 7 now....and perfect!:heart:

My mom had me at 31, my brother at 33, my sister at 38 and my baby bro at 42...she is now 70 and in amazing shape and spunky I can't keep up w/ her....back then all the mom's were really young, ...but now w/ my good friends who I grew up w/ all have had our kids in our early and mid and late 30's....so whatever works I say!

hugs and again best of luck!
    Ali :heart:
  • TamTastic
    Options

THANK YOU for that, my doc ordered me to do what I could between now and the end of the year, then he would evaluate my health...blood pressure, blood glucose levels etc.....and see where we stand. But that left me thinking, I won't be in a healthy weight range.....we'll just have to see what transpires. Did you have him naturally?

I actually had him via c-section 5 days late and he was 9 lbs. Was that due to the fact that I was heavy while pregnant? Maybe! But, the fact that he was 5 days late helped his weight get up there too. They can gain 1/2 a lb every week at the end! I probably would have been like 8 1/2 lbs had I gone on time. Who knows though. He came out healthy and thriving, that's all I cared about! :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    good luck!!!! I had my son 2 mths after I turned 32....he's 7 now....and perfect!:heart:

My mom had me at 31, my brother at 33, my sister at 38 and my baby bro at 42...she is now 70 and in amazing shape and spunky I can't keep up w/ her....back then all the mom's were really young, ...but now w/ my good friends who I grew up w/ all have had our kids in our early and mid and late 30's....so whatever works I say!

hugs and again best of luck!
    Ali :heart:

LOL I had J.T. about 3 months after I turned 32! So much in common you and I!!! Hehehe
  • KBagwell
    KBagwell Posts: 78
    Options
    I was 17 with my first and 19 with my second....I'm now 22. I would like one more but hubby says no! :(
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

I'm so sorry what you must have went through when you misscarried...peace be with you.

Your fine having a baby at your age...you start to get into the danger zone, as far as having a healthy baby, when you are experiencing the change of life...often times change of life babies have health issues or are mentally handicapped....you have quite a few years before you have to worry about that...your baby will come in God's time!

I had my one and only son at age 22...my best girlfriend started a little later but lasted alot longer...she's my age, 51, and her youngest son is 5 years old...she's still doing Kindergarten...and her oldest is early 20s.
  • amylebo
    amylebo Posts: 23
    Options
    I have one daughter and she is 2. I was 28 when I had her. I am about to turn 31 on July 1. We are thinking about trying for another, but he is in the military so we are moving in july and then again in Feb. so we are going to wait a month or so before trying.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    1st - 21
    2nd - 22
    3rd - 24
    4th - 27
    5th - 30

I didn't really notice being older having any difference. In fact the pregnancy I had the most problems with was my first one. My sister-in-law had both of her children in her mid to late 30s.