17 Day Diet By Dr Mike Moreno

Options
I am going on a 17 day diet -cycle 1 from tomorrow? Anyone else want to join?

Replies

• CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    No, thank you...
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I only follow diets by Dr. Oz sorry :(
  • CristinaL1983
    Options
    I only follow diets by Dr. Oz sorry :(

LMAO! :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Why bother when you have MFP? It's all you need.
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've dieted ALL MY ADULT LIFE. When I started I weighed 168lbs. As of today I weigh 307lbs (my heighest was 322) I am NEVER EVER going to diet again. Just log my food on here and move my fat backside more.........simples :bigsmile:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I've dieted ALL MY ADULT LIFE. When I started I weighed 168lbs. As of today I weigh 307lbs (my heighest was 322) I am NEVER EVER going to diet again. Just log my food on here and move my fat backside more.........simples :bigsmile:

This. No more fad diets for me!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    What's the rush?
  • CristinaL1983
    Options
    What's the rush?

I read up on it and the 17 day diet is basically a carb/calorie cycling diet where each 'phase' lasts 17 days. It is pretty psuedo-sciency (I'm pretty sure I just made that a word :) )
  • kaylene324
    kaylene324 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't understand all of the negativity. This site is supposed to be for motivation and support. If you don't want to join this idea or help why bash on someome who is trying to become healthier. Many people don't know where to start and this program can help to teach them how to eat clean.

Your responses to this thread make me sad.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I don't understand all of the negativity. This site is supposed to be for motivation and support. If you don't want to join this idea or help why bash on someome who is trying to become healthier. Many people don't know where to start and this program can help to teach them how to eat clean.

If people think something is a bad idea, it is supportive to say so. Also, why do you need to eat 'clean' and how will it 'teach' you to. Just eat mainly nutrient dense food at a reasonable caloric deficit and exercise.
  • myshel32
    Options
    What kind of diet is this
  • Shorebound
    Shorebound Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sweet, The diet is awesome. I started last Jan and lost a good amount of wt. of course slacked around the holidays and now im back on track Started this past Tuesday, I would love to do it with you.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    NO thanks.
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think he was on the documentary, "Hungry for Change." I'm curious about it now.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

How is telling someone that something is a bad idea "negative" when that something is actually a bad idea? Also, no one "bashed" anyone. These "diets" are not sustainable. Some people here have learned this the hard way, and they are trying to save others the wasted effort.

OP, just eat at a moderate calorie deficit and exercise. That works beautifully.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am going on a 17 day diet -cycle 1 from tomorrow? Anyone else want to join?
    I supportively support you in not doing a 17-day diet, but focusing on long-term success by creating a calorie deficit through food and exercise.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Def the wrong place to ask this question. =/
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/17-day-diet-review

Hadn't heard of this one...sounds easy enough :smile:

I'd join you but I'm lacking motivation these days :yawn:
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member