General Help for daily food intake

Options
Hi everyone. I was wanting to seek help as far as daily food intake in order to lose weight. I excerise six days a week, for about 2-2 1/2 hours each day. I have been slow losing weight for a while now but I have lost more inches. My goal is to weigh 130, and to have a flat stomach but I dont believe that is possible. My current weight is 153 pounds, I am 21 years, and 5. 5. Overall, I just want to be healthy. If someone could help me keep track to achieve my goals. My journals are public, so if someone could hellp me, I'd appecitate it. Thanks!!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to be honest and blunt; please don't take it the wrong way because this is to help you succeed.

If you've logged everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, you've eaten, then you need to EAT MORE!!! You're way under on calories! For one, I noticed you're consistently under 1,200 calories, and not eating ANY exercise calories. You're starving your body and depriving it of the fuel it needs to function. That's why your weight loss has been so slow. Eat all of your daily MFP allotted calories and at least 75% of your workout calories for a couple of weeks. You'll start to notice a huge drop in weight once your body realizes you're giving it fuel and not starting it anymore (WARNING: you may see a gain on the scale for a week until your body realises it doesn't have to store food and starts to burn what you feed it. Then the weight will drop back down).

This is the biggest and only change I see for you right now. Try this for a couple weeks and then we can reattack from there. Good luck!
  • jsturman
    jsturman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree..................you are definitely not eating enough!
  • jcollier117
    jcollier117 Posts: 18
    Options
    I looked at your meal and your calories are borderline, but your carbs are high!! try cutting them down and see if that helps.

1088528.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Capucine7
    Capucine7 Posts: 40
    Options
    I agree. Really not eating enough.
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    i agree with lilchino. You definitely need to eat more. Yes, you've lost weight, but if you are consistently eating as your diary shows, your body is in starvation mode and trying to hold onto everything you put into it. Looking at your diary from yesterday, you need more fiber....and fruits and vegetables! if you are going to exercise 2 - 2.5 hrs a day, you HAVE to fuel your body for that. 1000 calories a day is not enough to fuel those kinds of workouts.

Good luck!
  • kkvz79
    kkvz79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters - if you are truly documenting your intake you are not eating enough calories especially if you are exercsing 6 x a week. Another thing that I noticed - You like "bars". You really should be careful about meal replacement/snack replacement bars as sometimes they are LOADED with sugar and carbohydrates which can hinder your weighloss efforts. Also, eat a lot of protein, especially when eating carbohydrates as protein kind of counteracts the carbs and slows the absorption. (I'm no doctor - it's what I've been told).. Ex. A banana is great! But a banana with a respectable amount of PB is even better. An apple? Super! An apple with some cheese is even better! You're putting in great effort, keep up the good work and make sure you eat enough when you exercise - your body needs fuel to burn!
  • Fit2live11
    Fit2live11 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone, there are some foods that I do not always enter in such as a salad; with ban, green, hot peppers, ham, onions. I do not always put the apples or oranges I grab in as a snack. I dont always put my dinner in, I do try to eat aleast 1,200 calories daily. I will do my best to improve and let you know. I will try to keep better track of it all, please feel free to keep an eye on me!! Thanks!!