RE: Water Counter

Options

Replies

• Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I count my sparkling ice as water intake..that is what it is...water with some fizz..the fizz doesn't change the fact it's still water. I drink coffee all morning and I only count about 2 cups as "water"...although water is in on it..I don't want to rely on that for my 'water' intake.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I record water as water. Not tea, not any other drinks, just plain clear water. It's recommended to drink 64 oz of water.. not tea, not coffee, not diet sodas.. water. Get it?
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Tea, coffee, sodas, etc are not contributing to your hydration, rather your de-hydration. I personally indicate water as water only. But I also don't take the standard of "must have 8, 8oz glasses a day" either. I had a trainer tell me long ago to simply monitor the "output." If your making lemonade, your good. If your making apple juice, drink more water.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    I rarely drink anything other than water now soo I really only record water..I would say brewed tea from tea bags and nothing else added you could count..but I think that would be as far as it should go. Personal opinion though.
  • Katie_a_Mae_zing
    Options
    I only record water in the water section. If it has calories, I put it in the food diary. Water is definitely different than say, iced black tea. Black tea has caffeine, which is dehydrating to the body. I normally don't drink enough water, and never realized that until I started logging it. I don't feel abnormally parched or even very thirsty, but my body feels like it works better when I get the 8-10 8oz glasses suggested.
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I count water and anything I MAKE with water, such as tea or coffee (decaf). I don't count fruit juice or milk products. I consider a cup to be 8 oz (per other sites I've used). I don't drink soda or other "flavored" drinks anymore, but when I did, I didn't count them because I felt like they were "bad" or counter productive. That's just the way I do it. It's really whatever works best for you.

If you only drink seven cups of water each day, you're still going to be better off. Drinking 9 or 10 won't necessarily make you MORE healthy than 6 or 8 unless you're working out so much or losing massive quantities of fluids in some other way.
  • crubinetti
    crubinetti Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer who is a friend told me that you should drink half your body weight (lbs) in ounces of pure H2O for weight loss. So if you are 200 lbs then you need 100 oz of water. BTW a gallon is 128.

we talking resistivity of 18.2 MΩ·cm or tap for "pure"?

By pure I meant no Crystal Light or such....
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I count water, crystal light, herbal tea, and gatorade (which is rarely drunk, but sometimes I need the electrolytes, especially when I'm training hard). I don't count soda (diet or not), juice, or any non-clear liquid.

Logic to my method? Um… probably not very much logic. Generally, I don't count something with calories as water, simply because I want to encourage myself to not drink my calories (gatorade is the only exception). Same reason I don't count soda - I'm trying to cut back even on the diet (some say I should eliminate it entirely…) so I want a reason to drink something else. Yes, it's a silly game I play with myself, but if it helps me become healthier, there's nothing wrong with that, right?
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When I drink water, I record it as water drunk. When I drink tea, I record it as water drunk. Where do you draw the line on counting a drink as water? Clearly, chocolate milk doesn't count...but what about something like 'Sparkling ICE', which is mainly sparkling water with some flavor? Do you count that as water? What about Coffee? What about Apple Juice? Are they all adding to the fluid bottom line? What's your opinion?
    If it's calorie free and caffeine free then I count it as water, but I always drink water as most of my water. Caffeine actually dehydrates you. My son has passed out twice in school from being too dehydrated. The school nurse always says the same thing no more Mountain Dew. Herbal teas I would count. I don't drink any kind of juice. The sugar content is too high, and I would rather eat my calories than drink them.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Hey now if chocolate milk is 85% water couldnt you count 85% of it on your counter?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    A pound of ice weighs more than a pound of water....
    ROFL
    A pound of ice weighs (on Venus) more than a pound of water (on Mars)....
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options

Please tell me you were joking......

lol

a pound of feathers.........lol
  • winandejo
    Options
    We are cheating a little when we count anything else but water, water. It is difficult at first but eventually it get's easier.
    An average glass is 8ozs, so ten 8 oz is what we should aim for on a daily basis.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer who is a friend told me that you should drink half your body weight (lbs) in ounces of pure H2O for weight loss. So if you are 200 lbs then you need 100 oz of water. BTW a gallon is 128.

By pure I meant no Crystal Light or such....
    What about all the minerals and salts in your water?!!
    You had better build a still, or collect from your dehumidifier to be safe.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

LOL! pure water is water that has been evaporated after it was peed out from a polar bear on a freshly snow packed glacier then comes down as crystal snow into the virginia hills then gets turned into a pure mountain stream which is captured by an old moonshine distillary which becomes condensation and slowly leaks out of the copper tubing to become a cloud which slowly drifts over the hawaiian islands which falls down as rain in a frogs puddle where it is collected by small somoan fairies who use it as a ritualistic cleansing which gets bottled by coca-cola company and is sold as Dasani water. Now you know keep your little made up equations to you self...thank you very much!
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    ROFL

Well a pound of ice on Titan weighs less than any of those.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    If caffeine were more dehydrating than the water it came with, I wouldn't have been able to live months or years at a time drinking Mt Dew and never drinking "water."

If milk doesn't "count" as water, then how do babies survive eating/drinking milk for months on end?
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    If caffeine were more dehydrating than the water it came with, I wouldn't have been able to live months or years at a time drinking Mt Dew and never drinking "water."

If milk doesn't "count" as water, then how do babies survive eating/drinking milk for months on end?

Evil baby black magic.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

Both of our statements could be true or false depending on how you interpret everything. Like time travel, making those comparisons requires a new set of grammatical structures. :laugh: But such is the nature of water, hence all these threads trying to figure it out. :happy:
  • ldrosophila
    Options

Both of our statements could be true or false depending on how you interpret everything. Like time travel, making those comparisons requires a new set of grammatical structures. :laugh: But such is the nature of water, hence all these threads trying to figure it out. :happy:

See this is why we need time travel or at least a better method to travel through space because then we could visit Titan and stick our tongues out to catch a few titan snow flakes and try to decide if its methane or water ice. But youre on to something...