frustrated at static weight

Options
Hi....been doing this healthy eating plan since new year. Lost 11lb but now my weight is static and I have put on a few pounds. I am usually on target or sometimes slightly under with my calorie goal. I also go walking with my dog for at least 1 hour per day up hills. Why am I no longer losing weight?? Its very frustrating

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary? Are you using a scale to measure all your food?
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    ^^^ agree. Not enough info here. How much are you eating? How much do you have to lose?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    11 lbs since New Years is about 2 lbs a week - that is perfect!

You have gained some since when, exactly? Natural fluctuations happen due to hormones, sodium intake, a change in exercise routine, dehydration, rehydration, constipation...
  • hungryhutton
    hungryhutton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have gained 1lb since last week. I weigh myself every morning whe i get up. I have another 7-8lbs to lose
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    First of all, 1 lb in a week is water not fat. Second, the closer you get to your goal (or ideal) weight, the slower your weight loss gets. You might try changing up your exercise routine and cutting back on soduim/incresing water consumption to see if that moves the scale any--but I would recommend that you start looking at your measurements, rather then the scale as it is deceiving when you get this close to goal.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I have gained 1lb since last week. I weigh myself every morning whe i get up. I have another 7-8lbs to lose

Your expectations are too high this close to goal- reset and plan to lose 0.5 lbs/wk for the duration. 1lb weight gain is probably a water-weight fluctuation. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • hungryhutton
    hungryhutton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and weigh 10 stone. I am curretly sticking to 1200 calories but i have to exercise daily to gain more calories to eat. Over the past few nights I have been waking up in the night with hunger pains....should I get up and eat ?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and weigh 10 stone. I am curretly sticking to 1200 calories but i have to exercise daily to gain more calories to eat. Over the past few nights I have been waking up in the night with hunger pains....should I get up and eat ?

I'd suggest eating more during the day so that your sleep is not interupted. There is no need to eat so low with so little left to lose. The last few are not going to come off quickly.

At this point it may be best to determine how you plan to eat at maintenance and eat that way. The last few will come off gradually and you won't need to make adjustments.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You should figure out your BMR and TDEE and eat in between those. Subtract 10% from TDEE and eat that. There is no need to be hungry.