Gaining weight with nutribullet?

Options
Last week I purchased a nutribullet to better help me consume fruits and veggies which I never eat. I have been eating the same way and the same things with the exception of breakfast. For breakfast, instead of having a bacon, egg and cheese on a roll or some other equally unhealthy breakfast, I have been substituting that with a smoothie made from either spinach or mixed greens and apples, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, etc... The rest of the day I have been eating the same. I am just noticing today that my jeans feel tighter in the legs and waist. I wasn't thinking at best I would a little litter or at least the same. I have also been taking apple cider vinegar for health reasons for about two months now as well. Any reason for this feeling of weight gain from substituting breakfast for a nutritious and healthy shake?

Replies

• Ronnie715
    Options
    ???
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Did you wash your pants recently?
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You had me at bacon.:laugh:

Sorry perhaps you don't process the sugar in fruits very well and need more protein and fat in your diet.:ohwell:
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Did you wash your pants recently?
    LMAO!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Did you change your activity/exercise level?

That being said, if it is a small bacon cheese concoction, it might end up having fewer calories than the smoothie. There is a lot of sugar in fruits!
  • EKN1417
    EKN1417 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You will not lose weight just by eating healtyh stuff. IYou will lose weight be eating fewer calories.

If you are loading each smoothie up with 500 calories and normally eating 300 calorie meals, that's your explanation. No matter what it is you're eating, you need to know how much of t you're having. Smoothies especially can really pack on the calories. If you are using all fruit and veggies- it takes a lot to fll up a glass. if you are mixing with rogurt, juice of milk, that can also pack calories.

Try to mix lower cal, but equally tasty smoothies.