What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options
FloraSin
FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
I just finished the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and don't know what to read next so I'm curious about what everyone else is reading or even what books you love so much that you would read again.

I'm currently rereading Dune, but that's only a week worth of reading to get through the original stuff (his son's additions don't do anything for me).

I'm not all Fantasy and SciFi either. One of my favourite authors is Haruki Murakami.

Anyway.... Suggestions? General book love? Amuse me!

Replies

• juditanne
    juditanne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    John Wayne Gacy: Defending a Monster by Sam Amirante

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9650142-john-wayne-gacy

NEXT:
    12/22/63 by Stephen King

http://www.helium.com/items/2270909-11221963-by-stephen-king?page=2

:)
  • FloraSin
    Options

I love Stephen King. I'm waiting for my Mom to finish up so I can read borrow her copy.

I also have a kind of morbid fascination with criminals. Not an idolization, but more a curiosity about what makes them do what they do. I'll definitely have to check out the book on Gacy.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Alice in Quantum Land
  • neniplatas
    neniplatas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How I killed Pluto and Why it Had it Coming by Mike Brown, the Cal Tech astronomer responsible for demoting Pluto's planetary status. :)
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    How I killed Pluto and Why it Had it Coming by Mike Brown, the Cal Tech astronomer responsible for demoting Pluto's planetary status. :)

^ That makes me wonder what his plans are for Uranus :laugh:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

2q247ly.jpg
  • wolfelements
    wolfelements Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber. For those that don't know, it's the true story of a woman with Multiple Personality Disorder (now called Dissociative Identity Disorder). It's good, in parts horrifying, and in other parts a little slow.
  • klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Started Ken Follett's "A Dangerous Fortune", enjoying it so far. I like anything he's written though.
  • FloraSin
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I feel like I want to read all of those.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Hop on Pop, Fox in Socks, and Good Night, Good Night Contruction Site.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I just started Life of Pi. It is very good so far.

If you are interested, "Cutting For Stone" is a fantastic book.
    Long but worth the read. Your library may even have it on CD.
  • MirjaH79
    Options
    Started "The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl" by Shauna Reid (my copy is in Finnish) the same day I joined MFP! :bigsmile:
  • juditanne
    juditanne Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I love Stephen King. I'm waiting for my Mom to finish up so I can read borrow her copy.

I also have a kind of morbid fascination with criminals. Not an idolization, but more a curiosity about what makes them do what they do. I'll definitely have to check out the book on Gacy.

yes, i am the same. i read a lot of true crime books. the Gacy book is super interesting because it's written by HIS defense attorneys. haha. it's cool to see the story from that perspective.

the stephen king book is HUGE. so looking forward to it. also, i am very much looking forward to his conclusion of the shining! ahhhh! horror! :)
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Stephen King's "It"
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Barbara Einreich's "How Positive Thinking Is Ruining America." An interesting exploration of manifest destiny gone wrong. I'm really enjoying it.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    Barbara Einreich's "How Positive Thinking Is Ruining America." An interesting exploration of manifest gone wrong. I'm really enjoying it.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I'm working my way through the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. It's a really good series! Life of Pi is next on my list
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    I'm working my way through the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. It's a really good series! Life of Pi is next on my list

YES!!!! I LOVE THOSE BOOKS! It is honestly one of the few things I actually look forward to every year, when he releases the next book. Fantastic choice of reading!!!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The Ultimate Secret to Getting Absolutely Everything that You Want. By Mike Hernacki.

It is fantastic and has totally empowered my own person success for the last 2 years.
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The Pioneers by James Fennimore Cooper. 3 books down, 2 to go in the Leatherstocking Tales.